Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Discount prom dresses

Yikes! From onesies to prom dresses in the blink of an eye, though this is for my friend, as DD has no interest in the junior prom. 🙄
    She needs to find a prom dress on a budget. They have been through a tough time financially. Thankfully things have improved, but she was not pleased about spending a lot of money on this.

Any ideas? She was twins, so it's double the expense! 😁

I think you can get them second hand. Has anyone done this?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

If friend is on FB they can check out their local buy and sell pages. Where I live there have been a lot of posts with prom dresses for sale.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Yikes! From onesies to prom dresses in the blink of an eye, though this is for my friend, as DD has no interest in the junior prom. ��
    She needs to find a prom dress on a budget. They have been through a tough time financially. Thankfully things have improved, but she was not pleased about spending a lot of money on this.

Any ideas? She was twins, so it's double the expense! ��

I think you can get them second hand. Has anyone done this?
    Borrow? I did that for one of my formal dances in high school. My friend had a beautiful dress that she wore for Winter Formal and I borrowed it to attend my boyfriend's (another school's) prom. I don't think dresses are that fussy in fit. I suppose it depends on the dress, though.

Quote Originally Posted by snowbunnies300 View Post
    If friend is on FB they can check out their local buy and sell pages. Where I live there have been a lot of posts with prom dresses for sale.
    This! There have been some gorgeous dresses for cheap on our local buy and sell.

I just saw a couple of gorgeous dresses on the clearance rack at Nordstrom Rack for under $50. Totally hit or miss, but might be worth checking if there is one in the area.

Mermanaid is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

One of our local churches does a Project Prom closets where the dresses and accessories are free. The dresses are all donated by families and even local shops with excess inventory. The closet is particular about the kinds of dresses they accept so they are all more contemporary and in wonderful shape. Is there something like that in your area her daughter would qualify for?
    Jenn

My loves:
    DD 11/2004
    DS 6/2007

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Rent the runway. I've had numerous awesome experiences with them, and when I'm looking for dresses I often see pictures/reviews from girls that wore their dresses to prom.

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Penney's usually has a nice selection. I saw some online at Tjmaxx too.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Burlington. Last year I needed a dress for a costume party and didn't want to spend a lot. Looked at all the usuals + thrift stores. Burlington had the best prices and selection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mermanaid View Post
    One of our local churches does a Project Prom closets where the dresses and accessories are free. The dresses are all donated by families and even local shops with excess inventory. The closet is particular about the kinds of dresses they accept so they are all more contemporary and in wonderful shape. Is there something like that in your area her daughter would qualify for?
    In the Bay Area, there is something similar called the Princess Project. Maybe there is something in your friend's area.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast