Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm rewatching The West Wing right now, I watched it when it was on TV but I'm enjoying it again. We're slowly watching House of Cards season 4, and the West Wing is so different and I just love the humor and wit of the West Wing and Rob Lowe was at his best!!!!

Great recommendations here so far! More gritty recs: Jessica Jones and Daredevil. For quirky Brit humor, DH and I love Black Books and The IT Crowd (on Hulu Plus). You could also go back and watch Veronica Mars, one of my all-time favorite series--very binge-able. Miss Fisher's Mysteries are fun. I haven't watched it yet, but someone recently recommended Mr. Selfridge--I think it's free to stream w/ Amazon Prime. I get the impression it's a bit like Downton Abbey in that it's a bit soapy, but wrapped in luxe historical trappings. Maybe someone who has actually seen it can chime in.
    Mom to J 6/25/08 and M 6/21/11

Depends on what you like, and what you have access to (Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu Prime) but here's what I've watched and liked:

Walking Dead (currently on season 6 on AMC) - hubby and I are addicted
    Justfied (6 seasons - originally aired on FX) - hubby and I watched together (available through Amazon Prime)
    Mozart in the Jungle (2 seasons on Amazon - will air 3rd next year) - so good! I totally binge watched this and can't wait for next season (Amazon Prime only)
    The Americans (currently on season 4 on FX) - I'm not current but I've liked what I've watched - want to watch with DH but haven't had time - Cold War spy thing (earlier seasons available on Amazon Prime)
    The Magicians (currently on season 2 on SciFi) - new guilty pleasure but I'm current with the season - really entertaining (available for me through DirectTV)
    The Good Wife (currently on season 7 - the last - on CBS) - I just started this because I was looking for a new show - LOVE!!! (I stream on Prime)
    Orphan Black (will air season 4 in April on BBC Canada/Worldwide) - really interesting concept & excellent acting (don't want to give anything away, but the main actress plays several roles) - the only reason we stopped is we are cheap and the next season would cost us $ lol - waiting to stream for free

I want to watch Orange is the New Black but I don't have Netflix I read the book though...

FWIW, I am not a fan of Game of Thrones or a Downton Abbey fan (never watched, but generally historical stuff is not my cup of tea).
    Last edited by Meatball Mommie; 03-25-2016 at 11:05 AM.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Agree with West Wing and Sons of anarchy too. We really liked the original house of cards too. We watched it years ago n

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Do you have Prime? If so check out Orphan Black. I'm not really into sci-fi so I didn't think it would be for me buts it's really good. The actress is seriously amazing and it can be really funny with the suburban mom.

Game of Thrones is amazing and addicting. HBO Now is pretty reasonable, like $14/month I think but the first month trial is free so I think you could get that and check out the show and you can cancel anytime so I did it last year when it aired and then cancelled. The books are way better of course and don't have the over the top stuff that HBO adds in that I really wish they'd leave out. The next season starts in April so if you liked it you wouldn't have to wait long.

Another vote for Gilmore Girls, which will coming out with new ones soon so you could be caught up. Jane The Virgin is so funny. Did you ever see Friday Night Lights? Loved binge watching that one!

My favorite comedy right now is Last Man on Earth but I watch it on Hulu so if you can see it check it out. 1600 Penn is one of my favorite comedies, it had Josh Gad before he was Olaf, it was cancelled unfortunately but might be on Netflix now.

I hope your week goes by quickly!

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie View Post
    Orphan Black (will air season 4 in April on BBC Canada/Worldwide) - really interesting concept & excellent acting (don't want to give anything away, but the main actress plays several roles) - the only reason we stopped is we are cheap and the next season would cost us $ lol - waiting to stream for free
    Not to hijack but wanted to let you know Orphan Black Season 3 was released on Amazon a few days ago!!!!

Happy viewing!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rlu View Post
    ... Outlander (coming back in April, perhaps reruns out right now)...
    All of Outlander season 1 is available for streaming at Starz.com 'til April 10th.

Some cable companies are also offering it OnDemand, but mine wasn't. (I just finished watching it the other day.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For the original question:

I love, love, LOVE Orphan Black, but it can be a little violent at times and the pilot is rather dark. Tatiana Maslany, the woman who plays the lead role(s) is freaking amazing. Her Emmy nomination was well-earned. Season 4 returns April 14th on BBC America. I also recommend the CloneCast Podcast (available through Nerdist and on iTunes) as a companion, but don't listen until you've watched the series because episodes are spoilery. (Also, many contain coarse language, so if that's something you prefer not to experience, do skip.)

I also recommend Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch - easy to catch up on because there are only a few episodes, but they are all Very Well Done. (Also, I might have a bit of a crush on Benedict.)

I've also enjoyed Mad Men and The West Wing. I've got Breaking Bad on my list, but haven't made time for it yet.

For the full-on nostalgia-fest, Netflix had the Jem cartoons from 1986 a few months ago; DD and I watched a bunch together.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

I agree with The Americans, Mozart in the Jungle if you need something lighter, The Walking Dead though gets too gruesome for me some times, The Gilmore Girls is an old favorite that i watched recently with my boys and they loved it, we can't wait for the Netflix special. Also, The Man in the High Castle which ended with a cliffhanger.

We loved Last Man on Earth, too

The Wrong Mans is our favorite-Hulu Plus- James Corden
    Luther--Hulu Plus-Idris Alba
    The Fall
    Sherlock
    Life on Mars
    The Blacklist
    Jessica Jones-pretty graphic violence which i don't love, but the show was good
    Quantico
    The Fosters
    Casual
    Kimmy Schimdt
    Just started re-watching Friends and Ally McBeal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast