Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wendi,

I have had similar issues. However, like you, I have about 2 days of really heavy flow and I've resigned myself to the fact that there will be some leakage, b/c it is so heavy, the cup is still not, "big" enough to really do the job, but it is still better than a tampon or pad by itself. I have a tilted uterus and sometimes wonder if that has anything to do with difficulty finding a menstrual cup that works really well for me. FWIW, I've been using menstrual cups for 12 yrs, while they have not been perfect, they are better than the situation I was in when I had to use tampons and pads. Right now I am using a lena cup, b/c it is larger, which I like, but I also think it is more uncomfortable and more noticeable. I always have to cut off the stems, they are irritating.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Update: so I'm still not satisfied with my menstrual cup. They sent me a large Lena which I'm using now for the 2nd cycle. It's better than the small...no real leakage...but it's still falling out. Last night, day 1 of my cycle, I wore it fine all day (mostly sitting at a desk). I emptied it at 5:30 and had a soccer game to coach at 6pm. I was walking/standing the entire game (but no hard physical exertion) and by the end of the game at 7:30 I could feel that it was about halfway out of my body. I'm using it again today and same thing. Inserted at 6am. No issues. At 10am I walk about 1mile to a restaurant for a work meeting and walk back to my office. Can feel it falling out. Empty (not even close to being full), reinsert and within minutes I can feel it slipping out. WTF.

It seems like early in my period everything is sitting low and squishy and all that tissue just pushes it out I guess. I feel it pop open and I run a finger around and know the rim is fully open. It's collecting blood so I know it's working in that regard.

Gah, what now? I really want to find one that works.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I mentioned before that I really like the Instead Softcup. They are so inexpensive that if you don't like it, just toss the rest of them.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Soo, I have the same issue. I'm glad I'm not alone. Here we go on the way TMI front:

Except mine doesn't so much feel like it's falling out, more like it's pulling my cervix out. No pain or any of that, but if I wear a cup and it is "falling down, If I reach in my cervix is now only about a fingertip away (and I mean last knuckle to end of finger) from my vaginal opening.

I have tried a ton of different cups. I love everything about them except that uncomfortable falling out feeling.

I asked my OB/GYN about it, and she was unconcerned. Just said that if if goes into the normal position after a few hours of not wearing a cup, it's not an issue. BUT IT IS.

So. Still looking.

Not sure if that at all is your issue, but it's definitely mine.

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    Try the Instead cups. I get mine at Walmart. I use one cup per cycle so a box lasts a year. I had so many issues with the Diva that I gave up on it long ago.
    Same here. I've tried Diva and others and hate them. LOVE the Instead cup. I get mine at CVS. Amazon has them too.

https://www.amazon.com/Instead-Softc...nstead+softcup

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks ladies. I'll keep Instead in mind. Ordered a shorty meluna to try. It's not much capacity but the rim is wider, stronger. And it's very firm. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2