Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default WWYD: A/c not working in suite on vacation

We are on vacation in south Florida and it is very warm and super humid. Accuweather says the "real feel" today is 96, given the humidity, i suppose. We like where we are staying but the a/c is not working. Apparently it was newly installed in a rush before we came. We complained...they had the repairmen out and determined that it is leaking but it can't be fIxed until we leave on Monday. They did recharge it with refrigerant so we had a/c for awhile but it leaked out quickly. They are going to have it recharged again today but in the meantime we are dying in here. The baby is sweating, it's very unpleasant. And presumably, the recharge will only provide temporary relief again. They can't move us to another room and have not offered us any compensation. What would you ask for or expect in this situation?
    DD '06
    DD '14

Honestly, I'd ask for a refund and look for another place to stay. I'd also contest the charge with the credit card company if they weren't forthcoming. Document!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Honestly, I'd ask for a refund and look for another place to stay. I'd also contest the charge with the credit card company if they weren't forthcoming. Document!
    ITA!
    That sounds awful!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

if they can't move you to another room I'd tell them you expect a refund. And I'd start looking for another place to sleep. Then I'd get on social media, particularly their Facebook page and tell your story. it doesn't sound like they are making a real effort to provide you with a comfortable room or value you.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 03-26-2016 at 01:06 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are you at a hotel? This happened to us with an apartment rental in Paris a few years ago and we were miserable. They provided fans and such but it was no Bueno. They ended up refunding us 25% of our rental fee which was a lot but I'm still bitter about it.
    I'd ask for a substantial discount or be moved today. Or a full refund and check out and move to another hotel.
    We just flew home from palm beach yesterday and t was nowhere near 96! More like low 70s.

Yes this. At least a fifty percent refund. Not okay to be miserable on vacation.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That kind of heat. Full refund
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I call bull crap on fixing it I live in Florida and we had an issue yesterday they were here within 3 hrs of my call. Patched it up until the full repair can be done monday.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    I call bull crap on fixing it I live in Florida and we had an issue yesterday they were here within 3 hrs of my call. Patched it up until the full repair can be done monday.
    I agree. Basically they're saying "the cheapo repair place we use can't get to it until Monday, and there's no way we're paying more than absolutely necessary."
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Seriously? FULL refund for any day w/o proper a/c. Its Florida. They expect it to get hot. Its not like you went to VT and got caught in the 1 heat wave of the summer.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast