Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If you have a pool, what are your kids' favorite pool toys?

We move in June (I hope!) and we built a pool for the new house. We just have very basic pool toys that can travel easily...diving toys and balls.

DS1 wants a basketball hoop.

What else do your kids play with? Mine will be 11, 9, and 5 this summer. They currently intend to spend the whole summer in there
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Noodles, diving toys fun floats . Check Amazon , they have tons of cool pool toys and good prices! My DC love the donut tubes . We have a basketball goal , but it gets used the least.

Ann

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Our basketball hoop gets a lot of play in the shallow end and the kids and their friends use our pool floats a lot in the deep end.

I think this is our hoop...
    http://www.brookstone.com/cool-jam-p...e/494765p.html

And these are the floats...
    http://www.brookstone.com/unsinkable...s/573162p.html

We usually end up with an inflatable something each year too which are also well loved, but almost always pop or spring a leak by the end of the summer. The floats are more durable and the kids often use them as "boats" in made up pool games (and 2 kids can share one). They use the diving toys good amount too.

ETA: My kids are 5.5 and 7. The adults use the floats a bunch too and we sometimes have family pool basketball games.

Funboy huge swan and huge floating turtle. Foam water guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We just put up our basketball hoop. Noodles splash balls waterguns. I have a cage over my pool so mine are warned if they rip another screen I'm gonna be pissed.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The toddlers who come over love the little plastic dinosaurs, styrofoam kick boards and some plastic floating boats. They play with them on the shallow Baja deck in our pool.

Elementary age kids like the dive rings that they either dive with, play a game of who-can-collect-the-most-fastest, or as frisbees. They also love the pool noodles which they do different things with. They have noodle fights, or they weave them through life vests to make floating rafts. They also LOVE foam water guns though they ALWAYS get in a fight and I have to take them all away.

Dh, his friends and the teenagers who come over love our basketball hoop. DH uses it nearly everytime he's in the pool.

eta- our kids spend all summer in the pool too. And when they get sick of it, I invite their friends over who want to hang out in the pool and keep it fun for them.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The basketball hoop gets a LOT of use. So do the nice costco noodles. (They go quickly - pick them up now.) As do really large inflatables like this one. http://smile.amazon.com/Intex-Whale-...-no-redirect=1. Dirt cheap and they last at least a couple years.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks I wondered if kids actually used those big huge floats. I mean, they look fun to me but.... I want to buy one at least for my 5 year old.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Thanks I wondered if kids actually used those big huge floats. I mean, they look fun to me but.... I want to buy one at least for my 5 year old.
    Mine use them and pile on with friends or older ones tow younger one around. All the other stuff people have mentioned are fun too. Great timing on moving in before summer!

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Buy one for the Momma! I float and read my kindle.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast