Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

The local rec center offered swim lessons - can't remember if they were daily though, DS did not take to their salt water pools.

The Y lessons are two days a week for several weeks. Non-members can take the lessons - I think they pay an extra amount $25ish. I don't know if they can come in the other days to practice. We flex our membership from single to family during the summer and would go on Fridays to open swim for DS to practice each week.

With the Y membership we haven't explored the cabana clubs around us (private swimming pools). The closest public pools are the salt pools previously mentioned.

The local private school offers lessons, pricey but daily.

As a child my sis and I took lessons through the Red Cross at a local outdoor pool but don't honestly remember if they were daily. I remember we would go early or stay after to practice the day of the lessons and one day a week my mom would swim with us (so maybe no lessons that day?) That pool was sold to a high school.

So my suggestions, which you may have already tried - try the red cross website to see where they are offering near you; check out your local recreation centers (not just your city but those nearby if feasible); see if public/private pools offer lessons; see if private schools offer lessons.
    Last edited by rlu; 03-29-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2