Default Sweets taste bad

I'm not even 5 weeks pregnant but I'm already getting this strange pregnancy symptom I've never had before. When I eat something sweet, it leaves a strange taste in my mouth. I don't know if I would call it bitter, but it's almost like the sugar in the item has gone bad, which I know is not the case. I made some cookie bars yesterday to bring to a neighbor with a newborn and I was so disappointed they didn't taste good at all! Of course DH and DS1 thought they tasted delicious. Oh well, maybe it'll help me not gain too much weight! But my birthday is in a week, and I won't be able to enjoy the delicious oreo cake DH always bakes me. If you had this, did it persist the whole pregnancy?
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have never experienced that, but it would probably do me some good.

So sorry about your birthday cake tho.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No experience.

But I read your other thread and was excited to find someone else due about the same time as me. I think we found out about the same day. We can be due date buddies. . i'm due dec 6.

I'm gearing up for morning sickness to kick in big time in the next couple days for me.

Hope you get to enjoy your cake!

I had a weird metallic taste in my mouth for a while with my first pregnancy. Apparently a rare symptom. Yuck! It did go away after a week or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

No experience with this either, but it does sound like a baby boom for December 2016! I just found out I'm expecting too.

Quote Originally Posted by bw52 View Post
    No experience.

But I read your other thread and was excited to find someone else due about the same time as me. I think we found out about the same day. We can be due date buddies. . i'm due dec 6.

I'm gearing up for morning sickness to kick in big time in the next couple days for me.

Hope you get to enjoy your cake!

Congratulations!! That's so exciting. I'm due December 9, but since DS2 was nearly 3 weeks early, I doubt I'll make it to December. In fact I'm hoping I don't. DS1 has an early January birthday and I want to avoid another birthday close to Christmas.
    spoiled wife
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

Quote Originally Posted by tabegle View Post
    No experience with this either, but it does sound like a baby boom for December 2016! I just found out I'm expecting too.
    Yay there's 3 of us!! Congratulations! Especially in light of your previous losses. I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted on how this pregnancy is going.
    spoiled wife
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16