boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default insatiable hunger...anyone else?

I am 7 wks pregnant with my 4th baby and am nauseaous and SO hungry all.the.time. I definitely had the nausea with my past two pregnancies and being really hungry but not like this! I woke up at 6 this morning and have eaten an apple with pb, some almonds and cranberries, 1/2 a turkey and bacon sandwich (it sounded good), a bowl of yogurt with berries and nuts, some potato chips, and a glass of almond milk and I still feel like I am starving at 10:30.

My dr. thinks i have pcos (got pg before official diagnosis), and I have cut out gluten and dairy as that is supposed to help manage pcos naturally. So, it is SO hard to find food to eat, and I have to constantly eat! Any btdt advice?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, me too! Well, I'm pregnant with #5 and from 5 to 10 weeks I was nauseus and starving. Eating helped keep the nausea at bay. For me, cutting out carbs had helped a ton. Lots of protein and fats. I eat meats, dairy, fruits and veggies. Panera Greek salads with chicken and apples on the side really help.

That said, I've never had pcos or and blood sugar problems, so I can't comment on that side of things. I had gained #9 by 12 weeks, but now my appetite is better. I also found herbal hot tea really helps. Orange is my favorite.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Good to know I'm not alone in the extreme hunger. Funny you mention Greek salads b/c I crave those on a regular basis as well as apples! What kinds of meat do you eat, say for like a small meal or do you mainly eat it for big meals? I cheated last night and had some cheese b/c I needed quick protein to fill me up when the nuts weren't doing that, but I know I really shouldn't and need to find other alternatives.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Eggs and sausage for breakfast, with coked sweet potatoes or spinach, fruit. Chicken, beef, peek roasts for dinner. Lunch is either dinner leftovers or veggie beef or chicken soup, tuna salad, salmon or white fish. I eat at the work cafeteria some, on days that offer a protein veggie meal, like salmon or steak and veggies and salad.

I also like cold salads with beans, quinoa, veggies and olives. Hummus is common too, with veggies to dip. Apples and celery with almond butter. I also find cooked frozen veggies with butter, s&p is good with lunch or snacks. I know you are dairy free, but I find I need some fats with the veggies to keep me full.
    Last edited by abh5e8; 02-20-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The first trimester I am always have a weird low blood sugar type of hungry feeling and eat all the time to feel good. Never had gestational diabetes though, must just be hormonal!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014