Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default So, uh... how to tell dh?

Just found out I'm pg. I'm being cautiously optimistic as I had four losses last year. Each time I told DH, I pretty much used the same thing I did for the first loss. I had a four-picture-frame frame and a pic of each kid holding a sign "been there", "done that", and "now it's my turn, big sister month/year". In the fourth frame was two big safety pins and 4 small safety pins with one of those being inside of one of the big ones. (kinda like this)

I'm trying to be positive for this very new very early pregnancy, especially since I'm seeing an RE for RPL and I'm on progesterone. I got the confirmation HCG and progesterone numbers an hour ago and I probably have up to 1.5 weeks to tell DH before the first u/s where he will want to be there.

Please, hit me with your best ideas! I've already tried scowering the internet, but nothing really strikes me, and I want this to be good because a fourth baby will be our last. And I don't want to tell the kids yet either, for obvious reasons.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm excited for you! Because he might be a bit emotionally wrung from the losses, I don't think I'd do something cutesy- it might just be too painful. I'd probably just tell him. That's just what I think would go over better here- you know your dh better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tabegle is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I'm excited for you! Because he might be a bit emotionally wrung from the losses, I don't think I'd do something cutesy- it might just be too painful. I'd probably just tell him. That's just what I think would go over better here- you know your dh better though.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! :-)
    FTR, he is not emotional. I'll even go so far as to say his former boss told him he had "a low emotional IQ". due dates have come and gone and he doesn't even know it all the while I'm crying my eyes out. He's a logical, practical person. We balance each other out like that. Saying that, maybe this is more for me than him.

Congratulations. I have no ideas though, we both just stared at the stick. Here's to a happy and healthy 40 weeks!!!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Congratulations. I have no ideas though, we both just stared at the stick. Here's to a happy and healthy 40 weeks!!!

Honestly, I wanted to do something cutesy, but I peed on the stick at 500 am (before work) and then I couldn't tell if it was positive or not, so... I called him out of bed to check it out.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

deleted, dbl post
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Yep, I never thought ahead enough to do something cute to tell my DH, but I wanted to chime in and say Congratulations! So happy for you!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The only idea I ever saw that I liked for this was giving DH a tie on Father's Day, but that never worked with the timing of my pregnancies. I just told DH each time after I had taken a pee on a stick test. Nothing fancy. Good luck and lots of sticky vibes headed your way.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I am soo not creative and just told DH. But I did want to say Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations!

What about giving him some type of "save the date" card for the ultrasound appointment or something? I'm not thinking of anything specific right now, but you could probably make it cute in some way, where at first he doesn't know why you're asking him to be available, but then realizes why you need him to be there that day...
    Lizi

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast