Default Rash that looks/itches like mosquito bites?

I am itching like crazy! My back, chest, and belly are dotted with itchy, raised red bumps that look like mosquito or other insect bites. They are not tiny bumps or super close together, but some of them are a bit smaller than a bug bite. There are no bumps or itching on my face, legs, or arms. I've had this since Saturday night. Benedryl helps while its active but hasn't made them go away.

I'm also battling the cold that will not vanish! My ears are blocked, I've got post nasal drip, and a productive but persistent cough that was a very wheezy situation a week ago. I'm mentioning this because I know my kids have had viral rashes. Usually those don't itch, though.

I know it's not bedbugs, because nobody else has this, and everybody lies in my bed! I thought it might be an allergic reaction of some kind, but nothing has changed. I do get hives infrequently from strawberries and chocolate, which I eat anyway, but those are usually blotchy and on my face.

What could this be? Do I need to go to the doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sounds like hives to me. I think they can be viral as well. Might be at least worth a call to the dr for methods to control the itch if the benedryl isn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Sounds like hives to me. I think they can be viral as well. Might be at least worth a call to the dr for methods to control the itch if the benedryl isn't working.
    Thanks for replying! Would hives last that long? When I've gotten big, blotchy hives, they've only lasted for a matter of hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app