Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
I would not make the move out of a general ed environment without a diagnosis and evaluation from someone outside the school district. If they are making the recommendation for your child's safety or the safety of his peers, you could agree to the placement for the short term but I would make sure that his long term placement is determined after you have had the chance to pursue outside testing and a diagnosis.

If your child is not struggling academically, it's not surprising that the IEP would not mention academic goals.

The people at the meeting definitely met ahead of time to review the results of testing and decide on what recommendations they would make. That's par for the course. I understand how it made you feel, though, and I'm sorry.

I have never heard of a developmental pediatrician that doesn't work with "autism cases" - if you share your general location here, maybe some of the mamas on this board can give you some leads!
Agree with all of this. I would not move out of general ed program until dx is made and appropriate accommodations can be sorted.