California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Anyone else feel like their kids are at a rough stage physically?

Puberty. It can just be so tough. I was looking at my DS tonight and it hit me in the gut. He's reached that awkward stage middle school growth spurt stage. His hair has gotten darker, thicker, and oilier. He's got a little mustache (which he does not want to shave.) His wrists and ankles show when he wears clothes we just bought a few months ago.

He really looks like a clumsy puppy with big feet.

And, despite early predictions that he wouldn't need braces, we'll be adding those to the awkwardness. I'm sure glad I don't have to go through that stage of life again!

Not much to add, but we are in the EXACT same phase here. I'm glad it's getting warmer so he can start wearing shorts and short sleeves. That helps. Add to it that he is starting to get a little belly and he worries that he is getting fat. I just try to reassure him that it is a normal awkward stage of life and help him with food choices and exercise.

Like you, glad I don't have to go through it myself, but I feel for my boy.

Described my DS to a T. and the kid is a total geek--gotta love him He's still fairly sweet though. And then there is DD--not quite 11, plenty of sass. Holding on to my hat for 13!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Ugh, YES! "Rough looking" describes it to a T! The little "mustache" drives me nuts. Cannot stand it but he will NOT shave- he is so proud of his "facial hair" and armpit hair (eew!). We are finally turning the corner with showering regularly and combating oily hair (my all natural self cries a little every time I smell him, but Head and Shoulders did the trick). The sleeve and pants length isn't an issue because all he ever wears are baggy basketball shirts, s/s tees, and a baggy zip hoody over it when it's cold. But the few times he has HAD to wear pants, it is rough.

lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Definitely, complete with mustache as well! DS has grown so fast that he is all arms, legs and skin & bones. He's my height and weighs less than 100 pounds. I would gladly give him a few of mine, lol!

I will say that with his last growth spurt, he's starting to look more manly and less awkward. He's also doing much better keeping up with the oily hair and acne medication, so that has helped too. The Selsun Blue and some Epiduo cream did the trick for us. So, the awkward phase looks to be short lived, I think!