JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Does anyone take progesterone or do any other hormone balancing?

So, I am very much in perimenopause (had been wrongly told I was in menopause but that's another story). Several years back I was put on Emerita progest, which I had posted about before and was very helpful. I saw an amazing gynecologist (locally well-known) who unfortunately had cancer and died. Then about a year ago I started to have some other problematic symptoms and, under the advice of another dr, stopped the progest. Some of the really problematic symptoms went away but I still have other perimenopausal symptoms that probably indicate a progestgerone need--and 2 drs have agreed with me. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a dr I feel good about and there are lots of ways to take progesterone. I also have a familial hx of heart disease. There is conflicting info all over the place about what type to take and why.

Anyone have knowledge of what type is good to take or anything else related? Thanks!
    Last edited by JustMe; 04-27-2016 at 03:19 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes