Default I need a bra consult

Sorry if this is a bit duplicative of the other bra thread. I'm due for new bras and live too far from anywhere I could get fitted. So a few weeks back I ordered the Natori 'Sublime' Convertible Underwire Bra. I'm on the small size, have had a-cups, but this bra only came in B and up. I measured myself and if I did it right, I'm a solid 33 around. So I ordered a 32B and a 34B. The 32B was too tight but the 34B was great. So comfy!

That said, I noticed that almost immediately I put it on the tightest hooks, and I understand that ideally when you buy bras they should be on the loosest hooks so that you can tighten it as the bra stretches, right?

So, with this in mind, I decided to order another one and this time I ordered a 34B and a 32C. I'm really surprised that the 32C seems to fit. It might be a bit snug but I wouldn't say the cups are too big. Now I'm not sure which one to keep. Bras are expensive so I'd hate to discover down the road that I didn't make the right call. But I almost feel like what I need to do is keep the 32C and give both sizes a few months to see how long term they feel? Anyone ever had this waffling between sizes with a particular bra? Is it like jeans, where you should probably err on the side of too snug?

I have read and heard in a lot of places to buy the band snug because it will stretch. I keep my bras 5+ years, usually buy ones I start out wearing on the tightest setting, and have never once thought a bra stretched out too much to fit the way I wanted it too. I am an a-b cup and like my bra to be very comfortable, not tight feeling. I have also heard that a huge number of people buy bras with too big of a band and too small of a cup, so that does agree with your 32c fitting when you thought it probably wouldn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Bras have "sister-sizing" where a 32c may be equivalent to a 34b (or something like that).
    DS 2/09

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Buy the band on the snug side, it will stretch with wear. Get thee to breakoutbras.com, they have helped me SO MUCH with sizing. I thought I was a 32B/C before I followed their measuring instructions (which are online, with very helpful pictures) and I'm actually a 28DD (confirmed at a Nordstrom too). Once I got bras in the right size, it made a HUGE difference. Now I have other boob challenges (those floppy empty shallow post-breast-feeding twins boobs) and am still a 28DD and again, they've helped me SO MUCH to find bras that work for my boobs. They are so helpful on the phone and via email too. I totally credit them for solving my challenging-boobs-challenging-size situation. For many of their bras, they describe which boob types would do well in which bras. Incredibly helpful.

Sister sizing didn't work for me. For example if I got a 30D, the cups were placed too far apart and my boobs would scoot out of the center:/

And I've officially hit the maximum number of times you can type "boobs" in one post.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 04-22-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    And I've officially hit the maximum number of times you can type "boobs" in one post.
    Bahahahahaha....

Interesting, all! Thanks! Sheesh, why must this be so complicated!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default I need a bra consult

Go with the 32C. I was told same cup size as 34b but narrower band, I wear this size. It can be difficult to find sometimes.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Definitely the 32C. I wear the same size and yes, you want the band on the loosest setting when you buy it, not the tightest. The cups of a 32C and a 34B will be the same, but the band sizes will be different.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)