View Poll Results: Have you ever used douche?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never used it.

59 92.19%
  • Yes, used it a couple times.

5 7.81%
  • Yes, use it regularly.

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

No, I have never. I would be annoyed.
    DD '06
    DD '14

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trales View Post
    I buy it to be ripped open for the deskunking of the dog. It is the correct concentration of Iodine to break the thiol bond in skunk odor. Other than that, I did not know people actually used it anymore. They must though, it is easy to buy at the store (lots of it). I know, it takes 15 boxes to deskunk a newfoundland. Based on the amount in drugstores, it must be sold (deskunking can't account for the shear number of boxes sold), and used regularly.
    For a cheaper and awesome concoction, try dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda (open bowl because it can explode if you put it in a closed container). http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...nking_dog.html

I buy it to be ripped open for the deskunking of the dog. It is the correct concentration of Iodine to break the thiol bond in skunk odor. Other than that, I did not know people actually used it anymore. They must though, it is easy to buy at the store (lots of it). I know, it takes 15 boxes to deskunk a newfoundland. Based on the amount in drugstores, it must be sold (deskunking can't account for the shear number of boxes sold), and used regularly.
    OMG!! LOL. I am just imagining you checking out with 15 boxes of douche!
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    That is exactly what I was thinking!
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

These are the kinds of stories I miss from you, Trales. Seriously, this has to be one of the funniest posts I've read here in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

This is one of the best BBB quotes ever!!!!! The idea that you know EXACTLY the amount of bottles needed. And yes, the sight of you checking out that many douche bottle when you are clearly pissed off would be awesome!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh so hard!! Can't imagine checking out 15 boxes of massengill at the store! LOL!

and yeah, like others, im shocked and id be annoyed. That lady must be super old and/or misinformed. I'm 37 and when i was in middle school (25 years ago) in sex ed we were taught that douches wasn't necessary at all and could do more harm than good. that was also in every teen sex ed book i ever read said vagina is self-cleaning and did not recommend douching. i find it bizarre a teacher would recommend it.

i'd be tempted to say something just bc if she's way off base on this, what else could she be wrong about.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Was this lady time traveling? Douche?!? For real?!?
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

At least your DD can now infer the meaning of the derogatory term associated with it.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    At least your DD can now infer the meaning of the derogatory term associated with it.
    I heard this term on some tv show the other night and thought to myself " I doubt anyone today actually knows what that means". Apparently I would be wrong.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast