View Poll Results: Have you ever used douche?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, never used it.

59 92.19%
  • Yes, used it a couple times.

5 7.81%
  • Yes, use it regularly.

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    For a cheaper and awesome concoction, try dawn, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda (open bowl because it can explode if you put it in a closed container). http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...nking_dog.html

I read your response and almost fell out of my chair because I did not read the quote first. I thought "dear lord, she is going to douche with that??"
    I must need another cup of coffee.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If I was in your situation, I would talk to someone at the school, and provide evidence that it is not recommended for a healthy body. I'm sure if you google it you can find articles that say it can be harmful, removing good stuff, not just smells!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    I read your response and almost fell out of my chair because I did not read the quote first. I thought "dear lord, she is going to douche with that??"
    Me, too!!! And I can't stop laughing picturing Trales checking out with 15 bottles of douche!!! You guys made my day!!!

I definitely would contact the administration, though. Nobody who knows that little about female anatomy and how it works should be teaching children about sexuality!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kdeunc View Post
    Me too -- just reading that 'recipe' hurt!! And as probably one of the oldest BBB'ers, it's not just a generational thing. I was always taught that douching was unnecessary and potentially unhealthy, so I never did it.

I hope that the teacher in question didn't also tell her students to use a well-shaken Coke as a douche if no other contraceptive was available...

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had a professor in college who said, commenting on douching in a course about human sexuality, that the world "doesn't need strawberry-tasting vaginas any more than we need vagina-tasting strawberries."

That was 25 years ago and it certainly stuck with me!
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yikes, I would be concerned her material is all out of date! When is the last time someone reviewed that curriculum?

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Yikes, I would be concerned her material is all out of date! When is the last time someone reviewed that curriculum?
    Yes! Does she talk about pads needing belts?
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Cam&Clay View Post
    I had a professor in college who said, commenting on douching in a course about human sexuality, that the world "doesn't need strawberry-tasting vaginas any more than we need vagina-tasting strawberries."

That was 25 years ago and it certainly stuck with me!
    Between this line and the de-skunkung discussion, this has been the best thread of the week. Do we have a place for that? Because we need one now . . .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

I never know when I will come across comedy gold on this board, but this thread has definitely made my night! I was laughing so hard reading some of these comments to DH that tears were rolling down my face

Sounds like that teacher needs some updated info re: female hygiene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post
    Between this line and the de-skunkung discussion, this has been the best thread of the week. Do we have a place for that? Because we need one now . . .

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    We really should have a sticky for seriously hilarious threads. I can recall several!!! Didn't we have a thread one time where we each recalled our favorite thread, or was that about contentious ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast