Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I have a very similar (maybe the same) Adidas bag and the zipper broke on an end compartment after a few trips. I've kept the bag but we can't use that side pocket anymore.

We also have and love the LLB duffel (no wheels) in Medium for week long trips. I think they're a bit too big for a weekend and would go with a small (or small + backpack for the 4 day trip). I just put 2 kids into one medium bag for shorter trips. We've had them for 7-8 years, zippers are strong and they look brand new.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DD uses a Nike duffle that she uses for sleepovers (it holds her pillow and sleeping bag, along with clothes) and she also takes it for summer camp for a week. She likes the shoe bags on both ends - she can segregate her shoes and dirty clothes in those compartments. I think it's the medium Brasilia.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...9246&view=grid

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    My DD uses a Nike duffle that she uses for sleepovers (it holds her pillow and sleeping bag, along with clothes) and she also takes it for summer camp for a week. She likes the shoe bags on both ends - she can segregate her shoes and dirty clothes in those compartments. I think it's the medium Brasilia.

http://www.sportsauthority.com/produ...9246&view=grid
    Yup, my dd uses the same duffle (she has red). She has used it for 3 night overnights for baseball camp, school trips, and sleepovers. Works well and is a great size.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bnme View Post
    I like the LL Bean bags, but they don't seem to be available in any colors they would use (back ordered). Yes, this is mainly for car trips. I'm gona check on the LE and REI linked above as well. Thanks!
    How crazy that so many are backordered! I would call LLB and ask when they expect to get some in. It could be sooner rather than later. We have been really happy with ours (rolling and regular).

hth
    K

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My eleven year old took the LL Bean Rolling Adventure Duffle in Medium on a six-day international class trip, and it actually was an awesome choice. A traditional suitcase wasn't recommended because they were transferring to their resort hotel via a small-ish boat. The wheeled duffle was excellent for getting DD through the airports and through the resort. It's not supposed to "stand up" like a wheeled suitcase at all, but that's really not important because duffle bags don't do that. It held all her clothes, and a decent amount of gear (cycling and snorking equipment, beach towel, hiking boots). I kind of want to get a Rolling Adventure Duffle for myself now!
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2