Default Lil kicker program

DS1 just started playing rec soccer this spring which runs for 10 weeks every Saturday morning. He loves it, I took the opportunity to also sign DS2 for his own version of little tyke lil kicker program at same time as big brother.

First session was last Saturday, DH took both boys and told me to cancel DS2 sessions. He felt it would be a waste of time and money, as he kept running off, not wanting to join in etc for entire 45 mins. DH noted other 3 kids who were of similar age stuck with their parents doing it, so I said I want to keep persisting DS2 in that program.

He's almost 2.5 years old. He needs tons of physical energy to move, otherwise gets cranky if doing nothing. DH feels it'll be more fun for him maybe next spring when he's 3.

Keep him in or withdraw? It is 110 dollars for those 10 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

It was only the first session; I would stick with it. Unless the money was a major dent in your budget.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I would be with your husband on this. Lil Kicker was useless for my kids (both high energy and quite attentive). The yelling from the teacher ( in a positive way but still yelling) to keep everyone's focus itself drove me bonkers. I would much rather enroll him in a gym or outdoor soccer or just play soccer with him yourself. I would think even at age 3 its not very useful.
    DS1 - 08
    DS2 - 11

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm with your DH. We love soccer as a family but I tried Lil Kickers when my kids were 3 and I really think organized soccer at that age is a joke. Fun if the kids enjoy it, but not worth forcing the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We do lots of activities...lots....but our youngest is in nothing because they are just something to do at this age in my opinion. It will make no difference on his future success in soccer.

That said, if you Want him to get out energy, have to be there anyway, hed be sitting there otherwise, and the money isn't an issue then why not.

Eta oh just saw he didn't like it. Totally don't do it if you can get your money back. If not then I'd try having you go and see if he participated more but keep low expectations.
    Last edited by infocrazy; 05-03-2016 at 06:33 PM.
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

2.5 is really young to have any sort of expectations about appropriate participation or attention span. I'm with your husband on this.
    Green Tea, mom to three

only just realized i posted my thread to wrong forum! opps!

I think i'll go this saturday with them, and see what happens. if still same as last saturday, will withdraw instead. As it is, he doesn't like going to the library for toddler's crafts or story time anymore. He just wants to up and go to wander around interesting stuff in the kiddie section of the library. I'm starting to run out of ideas how to entertain this kid!

i went last saturday to see how DS2 did and was planning on withdrawing him, if he still didn't seem into it. Turns out, after putting him in a smaller group of 18 months to 3 years old group, he was more into it! so success at least.