Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My blog

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default My blog

Some of you have reached out to me while reading my blog that's in my siggie. I just wanted to share it with whoever is interested. It's been a rough week for all of us. We went a way for a week during spring break and Dad went to respite care. He came back in pretty rough shape and it's been crazy going to all of his doctors to make sure he's okay.

The most current entry was written last night, but if you go backwards you can read the story of the respite ordeal. I just wanted to say for anyone who is considering in home care for aging parents, it is really grueling and can only be done with a lot of support. At the same time we have been blessed with a lot of support, both moral and practical from friends who know about us, and have reached out. For example, one day this week an appt ran overtime and I was just a little too late to meet the bus. My neighbor's nanny was worried about the kids hanging around outside the house so she took them with her to her charges' house, and another neighbor texted me to let me know about it. Last month someone from church came to the house every Wed (our craziest day) with dinner. All sorts of things, both big and little, have kept us going. So this journey has not been without tremendous blessings as well.

http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you so much for sharing your story. My Dad does not have an official diagnosis yet but I think we are heading towards dementia. Your blog has given me an idea of the things I need to start thinking about and planning for. Thank you!

I look forward to reading your blog. I lost my dad last summer to Alzheimer's and it was a difficult few years being his caretaker/ guardian. Blessings to you on this tough road.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thank you for sharing.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you so much for sharing...
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for sharing. I can relate to the guilt and caregiver burnout HUGS

Thank you for sharing - it's heartbreaking to read about the changes you are experiencing in your father. I wish you and your family the best on the difficult road ahead.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Maestramommy- I hope all is well with your family and your father. I had been following your blog but you haven't posted for awhile so I hope things are ok! Thinking good thoughts for you!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Thank you! I've been meaning to post, but not much has been happening lately. Dad is stable.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    Thank you! I've been meaning to post, but not much has been happening lately. Dad is stable.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk
    I'm so glad to hear that! Wishing you continued stability!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast