Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    ArizonaGirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Default Advocacy Resources...

    Hi all,

    I am at my wits end with DS and the school situation.

    I don't want to hash it all out now...I am too tired, but DH and I have come to the conclusion that we need a professional.

    Does anyone have any advice about how to find one?

    I would really rather not just trust Google, IYKWIM.


    Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

  2. #2
    hillview's Avatar
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    New England


    Ask around. Google can work well. if you have a place that does neuropsych evals ask there. I might also find a place that does intervention tutoring locally (OG or math sort of place) for a referral. Good luck!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

  3. #3
    cuca_ is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)
    Join Date
    Jan 2003


    Have you done a private evaluation, or does he see a psychiatrist or developmental pediatrician? If so, I would start by asking any of those professionals for recommendations. Are you looking for an advocate or a special education lawyer? Is there an organization for parents of kids with special needs at the school? If there is, I would contact them and ask for recommendations.

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts