acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Alleviating back pain??

I am 32 weeks pregnant now and am having a lot more back pain in this pregnancy than my two previous pregnancies. Anyone have any good tips for alleviating or dealing with it?? Thanks!!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about wearing a pregnancy support belt? I've heard several people have success with them and I'd definitely be getting one if I was ever pregnant again.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I've never dealt with pregnancy back pain, so these are mere suggestions. But what kind of shoes are you wearing? Are you standing or sitting for extended periods of time. Periodic movement may help.

What about Tylenol? Gentle back rub? Hot pad? (Though I can't remember if those are allowed when pregnant or not.) Warm bath, especially in a jetted tub? Body pillow when you sleep?
    spoiled wife
    mom to gregarious DS1 1/11
    mom to active DS2 5/13
    mom to DD 12/16

is it pregnancy sciatica? A webster technique trained chiro was invaluable to me. Also a body pillow between the legs.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks all! I am not sure if is sciatica...it is mainly a constant dull pain in my lower back. I was a little worried it might be related to contractions or preterm labor as I had that issue with my previous pregnancies, but dr. said all is good that way!

I am going to try a belt as well as some heat. Tylenol does help some and the changing positions more often is a good tip too, as I think its worse when Im in one position for a while. Anyone have any particular suggestions on specific belts that work??

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I suffered from horrible back pain when I was pregnant. The only thing that would get rid of it was doing prenatal yoga daily. I really like this video: http://www.protherapysupplies.com/Ga...1gIaAqZd8P8HAQ

Even 8years post partum there are moves I learned from that video that takes away my sciatica pain.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Warm baths with Epsom salt and support belts. You don't want to submerge your belly completely in the bath so don't fill the tub too high. I rotated between two different support belts because each one helped distribute the weight differently. I used a belly bandit and a best cradle. The belly bandit comes with a heat pack that fits into a pocket. I never used this feature. It can also be worn for postpartum support.