TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Double stroller recommendation for summer outings?

I have been debating purchasing a double stroller for summer outings for my kids. DD1 is 6.5 and rarely uses a stroller but does get tired and whiny if we are walking a ton. So she tries to take over the stroller when DD2 (age 2.5 and does not want to be in the stroller but needs to be some times) gets out. Any recommendations? I don't want to spend a ton. Something *like* a sit and stand would be ideal but I want something more compact, lightweight, and easier to steer. Would it make more sense to buy a riding board for our 2009/2010 BJCM? My concern about that is that I am very short so I there isn't much room between and and the handle when I am pushing the stroller.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by TwoBees; 06-01-2016 at 12:10 PM.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Follow-up to my original post since I have been researching some options--any experience with the Chicco Echo Double or the BRU Zobo Double?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I would try the riding board first. I would rather push my double city mini GT, then a cheaper double stroller that will probably be really hard to push. My 5 year old is not a big walker, but we are starting to transition to a single+riding board for longer outings. It is kind of annoying to push with the riding board, even though I am average height, but most of the time I keep the riding board folded up. My younger one is 3.5 though, and likes to walk a lot of the time, so that might make a difference.

Maybe you can look on craigslist for a good double?

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

How much does your 6.5 year old weight? I think anything will be a beast to push with two big kid in it. Maybe let them take turns riding?

Or, a single Bob, used. 6 yo can ride in the foot well. It's not compact or light weight, but fit a big kid, I'm not sure how something compact and lightweight would have even a decent push.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    How much does your 6.5 year old weight? I think anything will be a beast to push with two big kid in it. Maybe let them take turns riding?

Or, a single Bob, used. 6 yo can ride in the foot well. It's not compact or light weight, but fit a big kid, I'm not sure how something compact and lightweight would have even a decent push.
    DD1 weighs about 31 lbs, DD2 is about 22 lbs. So we certainly aren't near the upper weight limit.

Does the BJCMGT have a foot well similar to the Bob? There is no foot well in our BJCM, but I've been longing to upgrade it anyway. Maybe that would make more sense than a double.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No. GT just has upgraded wheels, but same style seat. I would try a joovy ultralight over a double umbrella.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I opted for a folding wagon instead of a double stroller, and loved it! We still use it to haul stuff.