NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default iPad deals? S/O of BYOD thread

After the recent discussion about schools requiring students to provide their own tablets, laptops, etc., I just found out what DGD1 will need when she starts middle school (6th grade) in the Fall. Her (private) school requires middle schoolers to have iPads (at least 32 GB iPad Air). I've been impressed by how effectively the lower school has used technology so I have no problems with this.

BUT I've been deputized to start searching for bargains. From a quick look, it seems like everyone sells iPads for basically the same price (except for a few refurb'd models from Apple). Any ideas? Should we wait 'til closer to BTS season and expect some promotions? Where have people found these in the past?

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

I think you can buy them from Apple at a student discount. I would imagine that's the cheapest. Barring that, I think your best bet is looking for a Target deal, and then paying with your Target card for 5% off.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I think you can buy them from Apple at a student discount. I would imagine that's the cheapest.
    Good idea but it looks like Apple's "education pricing" only applies to college/university students and faculty. Also, looks like it may be $20 off any iPad, so not super generous. Right now, they're throwing in snazzy headphones, but that doesn't really help my middle-schooler that much.

Guess I'll focus more on approaches like trying to use my Staples rewards etc.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Buy refurbished from Apple. I did that and ended up with a dud, but then Apple replaced it with the same model and it was a new device.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought a model that was able to get wireless network service. For some reason those tablets were cheaper and you don't have to get a contract with a phone carrier. We just use it on wifi. Every once in a blue moon a window pops up on the ipad asking if we want to connect to a provider and I just say no. I bought from B&H photo, which at the time was far and away the best price. Look on Slickdeals.net to see if there are any other deals going on.

elbenn is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've been looking for a deal, too. Best Buy has $100 off certain models, but they're sold out of the models I want. Darn. Anyway, $100 of the usual price seems to be as good as it gets, but I am having a hard time even finding this deal.