Talking Kegel beads, do these work?

After having 2 kids whenever I get a cough I occasionally leak. With a recent cold I had to wear full on menstrual pads for almost a month. I would love to strengthen things down there so I don't have this leakage issue.
    Has anyone tried these beads? The reviews sound promising.
    http://www.brookstone.com/lelo-luna-beads/728387p.html
    Last edited by basilicali; 06-04-2016 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Spelling

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven't tried them. I did go to PT for the pelvic floor post ds2. They were big on the TENS machine. Not my cup of tea! I served my time and passed with flying colors.
    Anyway, there's lots of debate about this but some say good squats help your pelvic floor. Full athletic, stick your butt out like your about to sit in a chair, deep squats help to strengthen the pelvic floor. Could you try adding some squats to your kegels? I rarely remember to do kegels but squats are a regular part of my fitness routines and I don't leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

If it's really an issue ask about a bladder sling. 9 years later still an awesome solution for me. PM for more details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basilicali View Post
    After having 2 kids whenever I get a cough I occasionally leak. With a recent cold I had to wear full on menstrual pads for almost a month. I would love to strengthen things down there so I don't have this leakage issue.
    Has anyone tried these beads? The reviews sound promising.
    http://www.brookstone.com/lelo-luna-beads/728387p.html
    They are helpful, but you also need to regularly strengthen your pelvic floor through proper muscle practice. Pelvic Floor physical therapy can help a lot - I highly recommend it. You can get a referral through your OB and it's just 4-6 weeks and then you're equipped to keep it up on your own. The Luna beads can be a helpful supplement, and they're not expensive so why not try them.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)