Thread: Wrong forum

Default Wrong forum

Sorry posted to wrong forum

Original post
    We're trying to train our just-turned-2-year old this weekend since her daycare was closed Friday for teacher training so we had a 3 day weekend, so we're trying the "2 day method."

So far she's pretty hit or miss. She'll have some good stretches of running to the potty to pee or BM, but by mid-day when she gets tired or busy she will do a few pees in a row on the floor. One she realizes she's peeing she'll stop, run to the potty and finish.

What I think the real problem is is she usually won't allow us to put her down to try. If I encourage her to go when she hasn't decided she wants/needs to, she'll screech 'no' and get right back up. She's always been pretty independently minded. Then, more than once, she'll pee on the floor within 5 minutes.
    It's now nap time in the second day and I think we'll soon be facing a decision point. If she doesn't figure it out soon I think she may just may not have the muscle control to predict when she needs to go.

So my question is... What do we do if it's not working enough? Do we drop it altogether and just go back to diapers until say Labor Day or whenever we try next? I've read that giving them the potty as an option makes it seem, well, optional, and actually hurts progress. Should we just hide it and go back to normal?

I can't bring her to daycare on Monday, or, heck, we can't go out anywhere, with a 50/50 shot of her just going in her pants any given time.

Advice to make it work is welcome too, but I definitely want to hear what you think we should do if it's not working.
    Last edited by fredct; 06-25-2016 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Wrong forum

Default If potty training doesn't fully take

Give her more time. That is super young and I would wait until she is ready. I would be fine with letting her use the potty if she wants to and don't think that will delay anything. Many kids have a big interest right at two in using the potty but aren't truly ready for full on all the time potty training. Just give it time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes she got very interested in the toilet at 2. Most things I read say 20-30 months so
    I thought we'd give it a shot and her teachers said they thought she was ready.

Thanks and I'll go repost this in the main forum as i intended!