Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Anyone else's dog sleep on its back like mine?
    Citymama, Teddy sleeps like that often. Jake, my 1st cocker, did occasionally as well.

I have to tell you, I did a double take when I saw your pic - I immediately thought - look, he sleeps in a pack n play!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Welcome! Post pics of your pet!

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    Citymama, Teddy sleeps like that often. Jake, my 1st cocker, did occasionally as well.

I have to tell you, I did a double take when I saw your pic - I immediately thought - look, he sleeps in a pack n play!
    LOL, now there's an idea! Zeus has never used a crate, but he sure loves his bed.

Is Teddy a cocker spaniel too? I ask because we are trying to figure out our dog's particular mix. He's either cockapoo or wheaten-poodle. Everyone asks if he's cockapoo but when we got him we were told he was a wheaten-doodle. So wondering if the back-sleeping is a cocker spaniel behavior. He also does this cute play action where he stands on his hind legs and bats at you like a kitten when he wants to romp around. I've been trying to see if that's particular to any breed as well!
    Last edited by citymama; 06-11-2016 at 02:24 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Harry is an english setter, morgan is our very old german shorthair pointer. we just picked out a new pup yesterday and she should be here by the end of the month. Can't believe I agreed to a 3rd dog! we have a cat that is the total alpha of our pet pack .
    Attached Images Attached Images

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    LOL, now there's an idea! Zeus has never used a crate, but he sure loves his bed.

Is Teddy a cocker spaniel too? I ask because we are trying to figure out our dog's particular mix. He's either cockapoo or wheaten-poodle. Everyone asks if he's cockapoo but when we got him we were told he was a wheaten-doodle. So wondering if the back-sleeping is a cocker spaniel behavior. He also does this cute play action where he stands on his hind legs and bats at you like a kitten when he wants to romp around. I've been trying to see if that's particular to any breed as well!
    Teddy is a cocker. Sleeping on the back is often a 'cocker' trait. Along with laying with all 4 legs splayed out 'froggy' style. I'd take a pic but he tends to do it more at night. During the day, he sleeps on the arm of the couch with his head on my computer lap desk..... or on my laptop He does not stand on his hind legs at all. I have had 2 cockers who do, but I dont think of that as a breed trait. Rather, I think of it as 'little dog' behavior.

I think Zeus could be either a wheaton or a cocker doodle. Its hard to tell. Either way he's awfully cute.
    Last edited by doberbrat; 06-11-2016 at 12:31 PM.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Jake is a Golden Doodle and he loves to play and sleep on his back.

IMG_20160606_191609118.jpgIMG_20160510_201135844.jpg
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Silas.jpg

This is our Rhodesian Ridgeback/Labrador mix that we adopted 3 years ago. He thinks he's a lapdog (despite being 80 pounds) and is super affectionate. He just loves to snuggle.

This Valentine our 6-yr old rescue. Not sure what breed. She's 35 lbs and the most mild mannered dog. She has a very thin coat in brindle and an interesting howl. Thinking maybe some shorthair pointer?
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Oh and we have these two as well. Not sure they're really pets though
    Karen
    -----------

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Meatball Mommie View Post
    Oh and we have these two as well. Not sure they're really pets though
    Valentine is gorgeous. And you have COWS??? Where do you live?

for Sandy Hook

Thank you! And just in case you couldn't tell, she has a deer leg in her mouth! She finds the craziest things!!
    We live close to Cape Cod in MA.
    Karen
    -----------

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3