Default Meal Delivery Options?

Is there a national service you guys use to send meals to friends in need? I'd like to set up meal delivery for friends dealing with a medical issue, but not sure where to start. They live in Northern Virginia, if anyone knows of a local service! Thanks!
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I had a similar dilemma. After researching several different places, I finally ordered some things from Omaha Steaks. They had heat and eat meals, not just raw meat to grill. And I happened to catch a free delivery promotion.
    DS age 9

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have had lots of tasty things from Omaha Steaks, as gifts from my parents.

My mother-in-law just had her 3rd back surgery of the year last week... I considered getting them a visit from a personal chef, but it's pretty costly. I also looked at Schwan's, but the reviews were so-so. We sent them a gift card to Panera and Subway because those are nearby and easy places for my FIL to pick things up, and we know they like those. Hoping there are some more ideas on this thread, because I would like something that will come right to them, and that will be healthy, and home-cooked like.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I think your best bet is local restaurants. There are many that deliver, and there are services (google something like "meal delivery <city name>" that will deliver from places that don't offer it directly themselves.
    Lizi