Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Don't worry about hijacking! I've been dealing with acne since I'm a teen and my skin never got the memo that those days are long gone! I don't have a product that I love right now, so I'm definitely up for recs.
    Dd1 turned 11 this week and got her first pimple. I was dying to pop it but controlled myself and didn't say a word to her. Whether or not she noticed it, she didn't touch it and it disappeared on its own!! Maybe not touching is a good plan... I should definitely try that.
    4 of my 5 siblings have/ had horrible skin. I guess I should expect at least the possibility that my kids will too. I am trying to figure out how to approach it as a parent. Do I buy her face washes and show her what to do? Do I wait until she expresses interest? I insist she wash her face every night with water but I don't think she actually does.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

My 3 DS take a shower every night (12yo twins and 9yo), so faces get washed then. They use cetaphil. At 11yo, a daily shower is probably a good thing. I wouldn't make a big deal out of the new routine, but since she just had a birthday, it can be a congrats on being older and taking care of your body thing.

Personally, I use Andalou naturals, and it has definitely helped my problem skin.

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ShanaMama View Post
    Don't worry about hijacking! I've been dealing with acne since I'm a teen and my skin never got the memo that those days are long gone! I don't have a product that I love right now, so I'm definitely up for recs.
    Dd1 turned 11 this week and got her first pimple. I was dying to pop it but controlled myself and didn't say a word to her. Whether or not she noticed it, she didn't touch it and it disappeared on its own!! Maybe not touching is a good plan... I should definitely try that.
    4 of my 5 siblings have/ had horrible skin. I guess I should expect at least the possibility that my kids will too. I am trying to figure out how to approach it as a parent. Do I buy her face washes and show her what to do? Do I wait until she expresses interest? I insist she wash her face every night with water but I don't think she actually does.
    For the first few pimples on DD1, I didn't do or say anything. She brought it up on her own. I was prepared as I had already purchased a trial kit: http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/col...Week-Trial-Kit. She used it and it has definitely helped. She doesn't use it daily - just when acne appears.

We aim to shower nightly, except for lazy weekend days where we don't do much of anything. I've told her that she should wash her face in the am/pm. But I don't think she actually does it other than in the shower.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

Yes, she will probably begin showering nightly this summer. She drags her feet and showers take 4 hours so it's hard to get her in. But I'm going to institute it as part of bedtime routine and hope for the best. Even if it's a quick rinse off nightly and a longer shower 1-2x week.
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2