Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    kwc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Remember that it's so so regional. Heck, even within a region it's school specific. Most of the time people rave about brands on here, they aren't at all popular where I live. I swear it just takes one trendsetter per school to dictate what's the thing to wear. So I'd just observe where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So true. I have a rising 8th grade girl and have never seen anyone with a Vera Bradley bag here. Nike, UA, Jansport with the sportier kids, Herschel and a few other brands for the semi or not sporty. DD has a DaKine bag (originally meant to hold her laptop but the school insists they use a separate bag) and we have been happy with the quality... there are a number of other girls with Dakine bags as well.

lfp2n is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

lot of kids have North Face here in Middle and HS. They are expensive but DDs has lasted 3 yrs and no plan to replace it yet.
    Lucy DD3/03

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You may want to talk to some other parents in your area. Our middle school had a "no backpacks" rule, at least as of 2 years ago when DNiece was in 8th. You couldn't even use a clear one.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Vera Bradley bags are very popular in our area but I do not recommend them. I paid $110 for DDs last year and the top strap broke after a couple of months. Dillard's wouldn't let me return it and Vera Bradley customer service wanted me to mail in the backpack for repair which would have taken 6 weeks. Which meant I would have had to replace the back in the meantime regardless! I was not happy. DD just used the bag for the rest of the year since it was only the top strap. I was hoping to get at least 2 years out of that bag.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Here it seems the most popular is Nike, Underarmour, north face.... or any brand that TARGET or Costco sells.

My son had a DAKINE campus backpack - and we LOVED the electronic compartment, insulated cooler pocket and the fact it was HUGE. Bought off amazon and it held up well!

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    You may want to talk to some other parents in your area. Our middle school had a "no backpacks" rule, at least as of 2 years ago when DNiece was in 8th. You couldn't even use a clear one.
    How are kids suppose to carry all their stuff?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD, who just finished sixth grade, has a Vera Bradley- as do most of the girls in her class. It's nylon backpack material, not cotton. We had a very good experience. Despite stuffing it with several huge binders, PE clothes and a lunch box, it looks brand new after the school year.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kwc View Post
    DD has a DaKine bag (originally meant to hold her laptop but the school insists they use a separate bag) and we have been happy with the quality... there are a number of other girls with Dakine bags as well.
    I bought my daughter a small Dakine backpack for her Washington DC trip and it is great quality. I would definitely order from them again!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agree that it's totally regional. We got DD a Vera Bradley for starting middle as that was THE backpack among friends. Have to say that it held up surprisingly well - maybe because at her school backpacks have to stay in their lockers during the day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2