BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default What's your wait time limit for rides?

I am reading today about the 300 minute wait time for the new Frozen ride at Epcot, and thinking "who would wait that long for a ride?!?" So, who would wait that long for a ride? What's your wait limit and which rides/attractions are you willing to wait for? With young kids or without?

We have been to Disney World twice with the kids, and I think 60 min was our longest wait. We waited that long for Toy Story Mania at DHS, mostly because we had a fast pass for it an hour later and had run out of things to do at the park. We figured that waiting in the air conditioned line beat just killing time out in the heat of the rest of the park. And the kids had ridden it a couple of times that morning, so they knew they were going to like it. So we waited the hour, rode it, then used our fast pass to ride it again.

Other than that, 20-30 minutes is usually our max with the kids. Before kids, DH and I would wait 45-60 minutes, depending on our mood, but that's about max for me. Not much I'm willing to stand in line for longer than that.

Oh, I forgot that we waited over an hour for the safari at AK, but that wasn't by choice. The posted wait time was 45 min when we got in line, but they had several instances of animals being on the track (or that was the line they gave anyway), so we ended up waiting closer to 1 hr 15 min. Probably wouldn't have gotten in the line if we had known that was the time, but didn't want to bail after we had already waited so long.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I've been wondering about that too. I'm guessing the 300 minutes wasn't posted though... was it? I read that even people with FP waited 2 hours at some points. I don't know that we've ever waited longer than 40 minutes at WDW. For ride queues inside, I don't think I'd mind waiting longer than that--we've just been very lucky. DH and I are going for our first adult-only trip later this year, and I think we might be willing to stand in longer lines than we would with the kids. Or maybe we'd decide we'd rather do other things.

When DD was 2, we went to Six Flags with my sister and her boyfriend at the time. There was a new rollercoaster open, and we ended up waiting about 3 hours. Most of the queue was indoors, thankfully, but it was at Six Flags, where to do rider swap everyone has to be in line. I could not believe how good DD was in line. I can't say I would enjoy doing that again, but I can't say I would never do it again--especially because sometimes you don't know when you get in line that you're going to wait that long.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I saw a picture that showed the 300 minute wait.
    We were at Epcot the year the original ride opened in Norway. I think we waited 2 hours. I don't think I'd wait that long. I think an hour is my max.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think we waited around 1.5 hours for Test Track at Epcot. Mostly this was because it was one of the only rides we wanted that we didn't get fast passes for, so we waited. It was too long though, and I would probably try not to wait for any ride that had a wait time longer than 1 hour. 300 minutes is ridiculous. 5 hours for a ride? Yikes!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I'm not sure I'd wait more than 30 minutes for anything. When we were at Disney, the like to meet Anna and Elsa was multiple hours and we didn't do it. Nothing else was more than about 20 minutes, I don't think.
    Kris

My limit is generally 15 minutes. Occasionally I'll be willing to do an hour, when it's just me, on a ride I've been waiting for. If DD is with DH and I, then it's a 20-minute limit max.

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm really wondering who all these people are who are willing to wait 5 hours. Season ticket holders? I can't imagine families with small children being able or willing to wait that long. Or people who live far from WDW and only get one or two trips in a lifetime. That would eat up so much of your park time. The article I read did say that there were ride malfunctions that caused delays, so it wasn't just the number of people causing that long of a wait, but still.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

30 minutes or a little more. Not an hour let alone three. But we have hired the Disney guide and it ruined us for waiting and was worth every penny. Far better to pay for the guide and stay offsite vs stay onsite and wait for us. Life altering!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

On flight back. 10 minutes maybe 15 is our max. We do rope drop. Touring plans and make good use of fp+
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

20-30 minutes for headliner rides, 10-15 for more minor attractions. I'll wait up to 45 for character interactions, though.
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)