Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Any idea when stuff will go 90% off?

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Any idea when stuff will go 90% off?
    I think target salvages this type of stuff after 70%.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

I would guess sometime this weekend. I definitely got a few things at 90% off last year. But it was super slim pickings.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I don't know if this will go to 90? Seems less and less goes to 90. ANother site said if it starts at 30 then it maxes out at 70 (stuff that starts at 50 - like xmas, vday, easter - goes to 90) so ???

People who got the utility tote (regular), what do you use it for? I grabbed one today at 70% thinking maybe for a teacher gift bag. The store had tons left and I'm trying to decide if I need more? I have a crap-ton of canvas shopping bags so not really sure I need for groceries but want to make sure I won't kick myself in 2 weeks for not grabbing more today, KWIM?

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I bought a ton on either 70% or 90% off last year (and I already have 2 of the 31 Gifts totes). I ended up gifting one to MIL (she commented that she liked one of my 31 bags), used 2 for teacher end of year gifts (added in a beach towel from Target and a book store gift card with a note to relax at the beach or pool this summer), and 1 for a Girl Scout leader gift (all parents gave small items, the tote bag was used to hold everything). I personally use one of mine to tote back and forth to Girl Scout meetings (I'm a leader and always have tons of stuff to take along). I keep the Target ones (3!) in the back of my car and fill them up after shopping at Aldi's or Sam's Club. They are great to pack for vacation (food/snacks, beach stuff, toys/books for the car ride) visiting family, and I sent one with DD1 on her first sleepover to a friend's (held her clothes and a blanket, pillow sat on top). They also came in very handy when moving this past month to keep things handy that I knew we would be using right away (bath stuff, toys, cereal, etc.). Its nice that they fold flat for easy storage. I have noticed that the wire edging around the top is not quite as sturdy as my 31 totes (one has slightly bent/mishapen itself from heavy grocery loads), but I do like the zipper pocket inside that my 31 totes don't have. And the price is a lot nicer!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I got a couple of utility totes yesterday when they were 50% off. Drove past a couple of Targets otw to Trader Joe's. Didn't love the patterns but they were the only choices. Also got a picnic blanket, a horseshoe/ring toss game and a beach towel for 2. Of course went to the Target closest to my house today when everything was 70% off and they had no utility totes left. Did buy a couple of things I bought at 50% off and returned them right then since I had the receipt with me. Picked up a few more things but I am trying to cut back on my recreational shopping.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4