diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default NY city travel-- need clothes, shoes and backpack advice..

going to NY city in august, i need recs like a cute backpack for myself, some comfortable shoes for all day long walking and some cute clothes recommendations. its a fun family trip and i am meeting a lot of my cousins as well.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dress for humidity. NYC can also feel extra-hot due to all the hard surfaces - sidewalks, paved streets, even the skyscrapers.

I find I'm most comfortable in breezy dresses and/or maxi-skirts, with a crushable/packable wide-brimmed hat & retro shades. (Oh, yeah. Wear sunscreen. Seriously. Some of my worst sunburns have been on day-trips to NYC.)

I have to admit that I'd find a backpack far too sweaty (and rather cumbersome) in August myself and might lean toward a crossbody or something that can convert to a slingpack.

Do also note that if you intend to visit any area attractions or museums, your bags are subject to search and/or bag-check rules - NYHS, for example, requests that you check your bags before entering the museum - so it may end up being more of a PITB than you might think. I believe there is a similar policy at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. All bag policies are listed on the respective museums' or attractions' websites.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

diamond is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

can you link any items? that would be so helpful thanks

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default NY city travel-- need clothes, shoes and backpack advice..

Get an mzw metro backpack if you want a backpack. You will fit right in. In fact, mzw anything are literally made with NYC in mind. Tons of stuff on sale right now.

For shoes, it's sandal season. You can wear basic flips or something like a lace up sandal flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by Kindra178; 07-11-2016 at 05:27 PM.