I am getting really fed up with my nine year old twins' attitude towards clothing, clean up, and laundry. We have some extra issues such as identical twins with a very small space (I've talked about this before). I'm definitely getting the "how dare you ask me to do that" vibe about lots of totally reasonable chores (like putting your own laundry away). Today they pitched a collective hissy fit about who a pair of jeans belonged to (we try to keep their laundry separate but there are slip-ups). In a surprising and dramatic twist, they both claim these particular jeans DON'T belong to them. Pardon my french but WTH? We have tried labeling everything, separate hampers, assigned spaces. No matter what there is WAY too much drama surrounding clothing and chores.

My first response to today's jean fight was: it will be a cold day in hell before I buy you more clothing, young lad(ies).

I'm also leaning towards minimalism for ALL of us, which is definitely a new twist for me but also sort of a long time coming. Anybody have comments on any of this?