Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Fwiw my oldest was similar stats when we used the BOB for both kids. It was harder to push with the second child but not bad as long as the tires were fully inflated.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    Fwiw my oldest was similar stats when we used the BOB for both kids. It was harder to push with the second child but not bad as long as the tires were fully inflated.
    Holy mackerel! Those strollers unfortunately look to be way out of our price range. Most I could get hubby to do is $200 if we were to buy another. I can't imagine "wearing" an almost 2 year old. I had two different carriers and both killed my by back after month three. Plus he's miser independent now and would most likely scream to walk next to his brother.

Any thoughts on the city mini's glider bar?

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

To be honest, I'd go with a double stroller. My 6 yr old could not handle the walking at Disney, and spent a huge time riding in the stroller. For us it was easier to do two single strollers since we no longer own a double. I would not expect a 6 yr old to walk all day at Disney. Personally I do not like the glider boards. I always kick and trip over them.

Quote Originally Posted by AnimalBabe View Post
    Thanks, everyone! You have given me a lot to think about. I'll look into those strollers you mentioned with the options for the older kids to hang on. From the front? I can't even picture it. lol. So the city mint GT on the rental site does have the option to add something similar--a glider board on the back--and I only hesitated because the reviews of those on Amazon seem pretty bad. They say it makes it very hard to push ESP with older children. My eldest is almost 6, and I think he's at least 34 pounds now and 44 inches tall. We definitely plan to have him try to walk as much as possible...though the idea of kids renting a double city mini GT now is tempting. I just assumed pushing s double through those crowds would be super annoying?! Do they even fit through doors/etc when u need them to?
    I would rent the double GT--or even the regular City Mini Double. I think one stroller would be much easier to deal with, and that particular stroller has a nice push. Disney is very stroller friendly, and we've never had trouble pushing ours around the parks. Even the shops have wide aisles. Each of my kids have been done with the stroller by 3 or so, but Disney World is just such a different experience that they are begging to ride in the stroller at times, even at 8 years old.
    DD 6/06
    DS 4/09
    DS 5/12

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Mine were two and a half and 5 and a half and we're rented a double Bob. It saved our vacation. We could walk much farther and faster with the option for the five year old to ride. And I can't imagine pushing him in a small stroller. Air tires for the win.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have a joovy ultra light sit and stand that I bought used for $100 and absolutely love it. My kids are now 5 and almost 8. We are pass holders at Disneyland and use it all the time. The older one can sit or stand in the back. It's awesome

Yeah, my kids are too old for strollers but we still use it for Disneyland because there's so much walking. Also using it to store stuff like snacks, water, jackets etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I just wanted to add that the basket under the City Minis is SMALL. You listed the things you want to fit in it, and you should have no problem with that -- but it would be hard to do all that and also jam an umbrella stroller under there. I don't think hanging it from the bar would work well either -- it wouldn't tip it, but the umbrella stroller would be too long -- you'd kick it/it would drag/be a total pain. I take my girls on walks with our City Mini and my oldest often likes to bring her mini doll umbrella stroller. When she tires of pushing it, she'll ask me to hang it up on the back handle (like you wanted to do with a real umbrella) -- it totally works, but is kinda a pain, and that's only with a doll stroller. I think you'd be annoyed with that option. If I were you I would rent the double stroller!
    Lizi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2