boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Default Tween store - Justice

Can anyone give me the scoop on the store, Justice? My daughter has just recently become interested in their clothes, etc. When do they run sales, free shipping, etc. Easiest way to get coupons?

Thank you!

They always have sales. I would look for at least 40% off.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    They always have sales. I would look for at least 40% off.
    Yeah, I think 40% off is their standard pricing. Though, I do think my poor husband managed to pay full price for something when he got suckered into doing an exchange there with my daughter. I didn't think it possible, but he somehow managed.

It's usually all 40% "off", then clearance stuff in the back. It's usually bigger sizes though, for that age when no only buys Justice anymore.

I never shopped online, they don't seem to do free shipping, at least they didn't used to. It's been awhile.

They do have nice basics (jeans, shorts, tees, tanks, swimsuits) and some surprisingly cute stuff if you adjust your eyes and look a bit deeper into the racks. A couple of my favorite dressy hippie type tops were from there. No sparkles at all!

In the end, don't despair, it is a very, very short-lived phase!

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So overpriced even when on sale. I try to find resale and marshalls carries some

JamiMac is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post

In the end, don't despair, it is a very, very short-lived phase!
    This is so true!! When they move on from the Justice phase and onto other stores and fashions, you'll be wishing they were back in the Justice phase, trust me on this! LOL
    DD 2001
    DD 2004
    DS 2007

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are they still doing the 40% off sales all the time? I thought that when upper management changed many months ago that they were going to adjust the pricing and not do all of the 40% off sales.

DD is out of the Justice phase, so I've only been in once since the supposed change. When I went in, I was buying capris for her and needed to purchase them whether they were on sale or not so I didn't pay much attention to current sales.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

They are back to the 40% sales.

They have a great line of super soft sports bras. They have great ribbed tanks in every color, and many plain tees in every color.

I was able to find lots of cute stuff over the years for DD without ever buying glitzy tacky stuff.

I also found their stuff washed well.

They DO NOT have adjustable waists for their pants, but they do have slim size.

DD is still wearing their simple athletic shorts.

Get to know the store and you can find stuff.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JamiMac View Post
    This is so true!! When they move on from the Justice phase and onto other stores and fashions, you'll be wishing they were back in the Justice phase, trust me on this! LOL
    I'm missing the Justice phase. It's not always 40% off. I've managed to buy some overpriced clothes back in the day.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

They do have free shipping on their website, at least at Labor Day/back to school and beginning of summer when I have looked there. I just ordered several swimsuits for DD2 there a month ago and got free shipping. They have sizes up to 20, including half sizes, so they can be helpful if you have a young child with a big body. A tankini in size 20 fit DD2, who is 5'3" and 130ish pounds. Having said that, we've never kept anything from Justice, either because those bigger sizes were sold out or they didn't fit well enough.

Justice gets criticized by some who feel their clothes are too old for some of the younger girls. It also sells a lot of junkie doo dads in the back of the store, so it can be a pain if your child or her siblings are with you and beg for X and Y when you just are looking for a pair of jeans for school. Having said, Justice has been worth looking at when you have a tween girl, or a younger child who fits tween sizes, because they do fill a gap between little girl clothes being too small and teen sizes being too big or too old.
    Advice and commentary on living overseas

DD1 15, DD2 12, and DS 9

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post

They have great ribbed tanks in every color, and many plain tees in every color.

I was able to find lots of cute stuff over the years for DD without ever buying glitzy tacky stuff.

I agree!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie