Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I want some cushy, comfortable boots!

I'm thinking about these-
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are decently comfortable, but I have to think there is something better.

I need these for a trip to germany this christmas, so waterproof and comfy- something I can walk all day in is a must!

Did I mention I have FUSSY feet?? Super high arches that need support and lots of cushioning.

I feel like I've scoured the keens, merrells, clarks, teva options. I have a couple Fryes that aren't that comfy- surely there is SOMETHING that looks decent that I can wear!!

Suggestions please!!
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

I love my la canadienne passion boots. Knee high, water proof and insulated. I'm not sure about meeting the arch support need. My arches aren't very high.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ooh I like those boots you linked to, OP. Did you try them on? What's the hitch? I've worn my Dansko boots on European vacations and they held up well for long days of walking, but I wouldn't describe them as cushy.

for Sandy Hook

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have those boots, and I love them. They are waterproof, I get compliments on them all the time, they have great grip. But I wouldn't say they are cushy (like my Sorel Glacy boots, not waterproof but like walking on pillows), but they are comfortable and I can wear them all day. I have wide feet and that is probably what keeps them from being super comfortable, so I would recommend giving them a try, they might be really comfy for you!!
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Ooh I like those boots you linked to, OP. Did you try them on? What's the hitch? I've worn my Dansko boots on European vacations and they held up well for long days of walking, but I wouldn't describe them as cushy.
    I like these a lot - but could use even higher arch support. I may just have to breakdown and get orthotics
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I have the taller Merrells (Captiva Buckle up) and they are my favorite and most comfortable boots. I wore them on a rainy, slushy NYC trip in December, so definitely put them to the test. They I don't have high arches, but mine are a 1/2 size too big, so I wear an extra thick pair of socks which helps the cushiness, but it would also give plenty of room to fit Superfeet or some other arch support. Something worth trying, maybe?

Mikey0709 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Exactly what you said above. I LOVE the merrells you linked, what would help me is ordering a 1/2 size up and putting VIONIC insoles in them!

Merrells are awesome because they are one of the FEW that allow you to remove most insolves to replace!

And make sure you give yourself PLENTY of break in time before a trip!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have these from Clarks Vicky and really like them. They are super comfortable. I like these because they came in a wide calf as well. I have a wide foot with a higher instep and I haven't needed extra orthotics.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey0709 View Post
    Exactly what you said above. I LOVE the merrells you linked, what would help me is ordering a 1/2 size up and putting VIONIC insoles in them!

Merrells are awesome because they are one of the FEW that allow you to remove most insolves to replace!

And make sure you give yourself PLENTY of break in time before a trip!
    What?? I didn't know vionic made insoles!! will investigate!
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have super fussy feet as well and finally came across a pair of Born boots that are SO comfy and required NO break-in...I bought another pair in another color right away since I don't think I will find a pair like that again anytime soon! That style is now discontinued but definitely try the brand!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast