Default Sudden painful heavy breasts?

This is a weird question to ask but has anyone ever had this? They're swollen and harder and painful and remind me of when they were swollen with milk when I was BF. I'm in the middle of my cycle and it's very different from the PMS type of soreness that I get only occasionally since having kids. My last period was really off, lots and lots of large (LARGE) clots. I'm pretty private with bathroom stuff but they were so massive I even showed DH because I was freaked out. I looked through old posts here and saw a lot of people asking about heavy clots so I decided to ignore it since we have enough going on here. Pretty sure there's no way I'm pregnant since we've used condoms and not been all that busy in that department anyway. Any ideas? Thanks!!

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Hmmm, well you can get mastitis even if you're not pregnant or breastfeeding, although it's kinda rare.

Also, condoms are not 100%. Lots of women get pregnant all the time using condoms, including my 43 year old neighbor who had just sent her daughter to college lol!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I'd POAS. I had a super heavy cycle with clotting the month before I found out I was pregnant with one DC. It was so bad, I thought I was miscarrying but couldn't possibly be pregnant. Ha. It may actually have been an early twin loss.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedMamma View Post
    This is a weird question to ask but has anyone ever had this? They're swollen and harder and painful and remind me of when they were swollen with milk when I was BF. I'm in the middle of my cycle and it's very different from the PMS type of soreness that I get only occasionally since having kids. My last period was really off, lots and lots of large (LARGE) clots. I'm pretty private with bathroom stuff but they were so massive I even showed DH because I was freaked out. I looked through old posts here and saw a lot of people asking about heavy clots so I decided to ignore it since we have enough going on here. Pretty sure there's no way I'm pregnant since we've used condoms and not been all that busy in that department anyway. Any ideas? Thanks!!
    Yep, I woke up feeling that way today. I tend to feel it around the time I'm ovulating but I only just started a few years ago at the onset of perimenopause. How old are you? Perimenopause started for me around 38yo. My doctor swore up and down that I was too young for that but I'm certain now that that was the beginning. Starting then, I passed a lot of blood and clots too. In fact, my periods became so irregular and heavy that I posted here worried about it. If you continue to have this, consider getting your iron checked. Those heavy periods and blood loss wreaked havoc with my energy level.

Have you you been eating snack foods or a lot of salt lately? Maybe you are just retaining water??
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.