Default Any experience with Disney Travel Co and military discounts?

I'm already asking on Disboards, and trying to hunt down an answer, but thought maybe the BBB would have a good idea.

Looking at going through the Walt Disney Travel Company for the fun of it. Admittedly, the little freebies (insulated back pack, lanyard, pin, luggage tag, etc) may be part of the draw....

However, I'll admit I'm addicted to our 3-day military discount tickets (3-day Salute tickets at Disneyland are about 50% less than general admission tickets).

So, I'd like to go through WDTC, but I'd like to get a military Salute ticket. Any idea if this can be done?

If it can be done, WOOHOO, I'm in (it would be a $50, which would be about equal considering the "freebies," which I would likely be buying something like anyway). If not, no harm, of course, I already have had reservations for my hotel for months
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've never used a travel agency because I love planning Disney trips. The Salute tickets are such an amazing deal, but I'm not sure how you'd get those via an agency. We always purchase ours at the parks or at Shades of Green. Can the agency just plan all of the other aspects of your trip and you handle the tickets?
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have heard amazing things about Shades of Green Resort which is for military/DOD employees or retirees. I would ask the DTC about that as well.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-04-2016 at 11:53 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)