Thread: Warts?

minnie-zb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Warts?

Recently I've noticed what I think are 3 warts on my hand. They are in a cluster -- 2 on my thumb and then one near the thumb on my palm. I've never had warts on my hands before and the fact they are sort of clustered seems a little strange to me? Is this normal? Any suggestions on what I should do to get rid of them?

I've had one wart previously -- a plantar wart on my foot. That was years ago and I know it's very different from having one of your hand.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you're certain they're warts and not some kind of callus, blister, or bug bite, you can get removal treatments OTC.

They're usually some sort of salicylic acid that you paint on for a number of days until the wart goes away. Do read the package insert to verify how long it should be before you see improvement so you know whether you ought to call your doctor.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The dermatologist suggested the wart removing bandaids for DS's wart. We tried to freeze it off but he wouldn't hold still long enough to freeze it well enough, so we had to use bandaids when it grew back. They ended up working but took awhile. She had me put the bandaid on for 24 hours, file the wart with a file, and then put duct tape on it for 24 hours. Then we'd repeat the process.