Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mommy111 View Post
    i like it. It's shorter than the other ones, but I don't think it's too short. What would your second color be since it does not come in gray?

I don't think sleeveless is as versatile.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had a 3/4 length v neck version of this dress when I was a size 10 a few years ago. I wore the heck out of it and it was so flattering. I may totally buy the elbow length one again.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

FWIW, I do a uniform of sorts by rotating skirts and shirts. I'm in the office three days a week (telecommute the others). I have four skirts and about five shirts that mostly mix and match. Two sets of shoes. I'm in temperate CA so leggings aren't necessary. During winter I'll add into rotation two pairs of black pants and I have a pair of closed shoes for wet days.

I'm a big goodwill shopper so when things wear out or no longer fit, back they go and I find something to replace them.
    Last edited by rlu; 08-16-2016 at 12:25 PM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    i like it. It's shorter than the other ones, but I don't think it's too short. What would your second color be since it does not come in gray?

So I'm having second thoughts about that one because it is short......I ordered the landsend one and the talbots one and will try both and return one. The talbots one is nice but seems designed to be snug around the chest which won't work well for me if it truly fits that way (as opposed to the model)
    I am wondering if there will be more sleeved options as we head into the winter in which case I would hold off on biting until then.
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post

I disagree. I think sleeveless is the most versatile and allows for the most combos. You can change up the outfit with cardigans or Blazers. Fwiw, every woman I have worked with who has gone through menopause, greatly prefers sleeveless. I am a lawyer. I really liked both the Talbot and Lands End dresses and may pick one for myself after I hear your report.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains mobile app

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have two sleeveless dresses from Garnet Hill and in black, and eggplant (sadly no longer available). I wear the dresses with multi colored cardigans all of the time.

I also love what was called the Boden Everday Jersey dress. When it is cooler I love wearing it with a cardigan.

Talbots also makes some nice wrap dresses, as does JC Penney.

For pants I love the Lands End Starfish leggings. I usually wear them with a cotton sweater so that limits when I can wear them, but I have yet to find a tunic length top to that looks good on me as they all tend to be boxy looking. I hadn't worn a pair of leggings in about 20 yrs. before I bought these.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I love the Boden jersey dress, but like a lot of Boden stuff, the beck is cut too low to make it a practical choice in my field of work. Where I'm looking just for 2 pieces to rotate, it would be hard to justify that one. I have to look at the starfish leggings, I currently use a pair of anthropologie skinnies that look like substantial leggings. I used to wear the boden ponte pants but those stretched out at the knees (admittedly after 1.5yr of every other day wear) so my current faves are the anthropologie ones
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just put a cami under the Boden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you tried Fit & Flare dresses? I found that for my body shape I need the flare.
    Macy has Calvin Klein dresses that seems to fit me well. The skirts are heavy (more material).

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...amed%20dresses

I have the seamed dress in grey and I love it. I also have this:
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...cked%20dresses

You can vary the cardigan and jacket to give you different looks.

Search for Calvin Klein dresses on macys.com and they have several options. There are some sheath dresses as well if you prefer that style.

Good luck!
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by stefani View Post
    Have you tried Fit & Flare dresses? I found that for my body shape I need the flare.
    Macy has Calvin Klein dresses that seems to fit me well. The skirts are heavy (more material).

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...amed%20dresses

I have the seamed dress in grey and I love it. I also have this:
    http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/c...cked%20dresses

You can vary the cardigan and jacket to give you different looks.

Search for Calvin Klein dresses on macys.com and they have several options. There are some sheath dresses as well if you prefer that style.

Good luck!

FYI- TJ MAxx and Marshall's always seem to have these CK ones. I have a small collection going. I also happened upon a Dress Barn because they had something cute in the window. Lots of good basic dresses.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast