Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    jren is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Yes, girls are definitely different! So much more complicated. Maybe if I could pack something fancy like sushi or crab legs, she'd eat it. As of now, she just buys. Luckily, our school orders lunch from local restaurants that rotate every two weeks. So Panera, pizza place, Chick-fil-A, etc. The days she doesn't like the choice, she gets grab and go, which is basically snack type items, hot pockets, soup or chili and bread bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8th grader and 6th grader here...

The usual stuff I guess. I didn't notice any changes but then again, their school is small. The only difference is that 7th-12th graders have a cafeteria that serves food. Younger kids have a cafeteria but no food service (except for 1x a month pizza lunch).

Typical lunch for older kid:
    Sandwich or wrap
    chips
    fruit
    apple sauce or fruit cup
    granola bar or similar
    veggie w/ hummus or ranch dressing (baby carrots, peppers, celery)
    drink (I send water but sometimes he buys iced tea)

Sometimes he buys fries or something similar. I make lunches every morning for all 4 of us (DH and I work together). I really like the idea of making the whole week ahead though! How do you store it all in a fridge though? I don't have the room for that... We used to have the easy lunchboxes, too but my kids decided they were too babyish. Now I just use a million containers, ugh. Hate that part. eta: I just looked at Amazon and easy lunchboxes now come with grown up colors lol
    Last edited by Meatball Mommie; 08-25-2016 at 09:36 AM.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

Going into 9th now but packed lunch all through middle school. We use the easy lunchboxes containers. He took either a sandwich or wrap, fruit or apple sauce, carrots/cucumber slices/pickle/salad, granola bar, chips or cookies. He walks around with a large water bottle so that was his drink.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3