trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Default Baby proofing resources?

DS is into EVERYTHING! DD was never like this. Do you know of any good websites/resources about baby proofing. I want to have all of my bases covered because I know the one thing I don't have done will be the first thing he goes for. TIA!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Not any websites, but things I always do:

*Secure furniture to walls
    *Outlet covers, the kind that screw in and have adjusting covers over each outlet
    *Auto closing hinges on doors to garage, outside, basement, bathroom- love these!
    * Gate for bottom of stairs
    *Vacuum every day or more
    *Legos, marbles, games only in the basement
    *Cordless blinds

I'm sure there are more in forgetting, but those are the main ones.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Remember, as stupid as it sounds, to crawl around at a toddler's height. If you can see it, he can get into it

Around our home and DD's house, we've managed to need fridge straps to keep the toddler from playing with the fridge door... Oh and an oven strap to keep that closed... And the oven dial covers. One day, the little guy may be chef if he doesn't burn the house down first!

My first fosterDD and then our youngest DD both weren't huge explorers. So, having 3 wild, active, investigative grandsons keep us all on our toes!

Meant to add that Safety First used to have a "safety" website. Really, it was just a huge interactive advertisement, but it gave you a good idea of all the hazards. I don't remember the website address, and can't link from my phone, but the googles should be able to find it.