JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Can anyone recommend a timed/automotic feeder for cats

So, I would like to try using an automatic/timed feeder for my cat's feedings--definitely in the morning and possibly in the evening as well. He wakes us up way too early. We were home a lot this summer and able to move his feeding time down to a later time, which has helped somewhat but won't be able to do this in the Fall. Two models had been recommended on a previous thread in the lounge but one was really expensive ($499) and the other would probably work, but I am trying to see if there is a model that can use a stainless steel or ceramic bowl--I had a cat who had a bad reaction to plastic bowls and I don't know if it would bother this cat, but would rather not use plastic bowls in any case. I am thinking of getting the model below, but am also thinking about getting a cheaper model to try it out, and then upgrading if necessary

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

thanks!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

We bought this to head off the cat demanding food at 4 in the morning. It's worked well for us; it is plastic though:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

I know I posted this a while ago, but is anyone else using a cat feeder that is working well for them? I still haven't foudm one i like.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a PetNet that works great! Not good for two cats if one is shy about taking a turn, though.

Thanks. Believe it or not, I still have a windows phone so PetNet wouldn't work for us. I tried the Petsafe model and it did not reliably give the portions I set it for. We only have one cat, so don't have the sharing problem. Any other suggestions?