Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Experts and stroller affictionados help! My "stable" needs editing. :)

Although my youngest will be 3 in November, I still totally need strollers and use them every day though! I have three strollers but I don't feel like I have QUITE the right ones for my needs right now. Can you guys help?

I have:

Mountain Buggy Urban Single in only OK condition. The lack of perfect condition bothers me. It also doesn't have the greatest sun shade. It DOES have the best push ever. I'm totally spoiled by it.

Mountain Buggy Urban Double in perfect condition. This is my dream stroller and the favorite I've ever had. I never use it though. It is just too big to be in my car and I no longer do walks with 2 kids. I have half a notion to keep this one just because in an emergency I could seriously transport all 4 of my kids to Canada. I'm kidding but it really is that well made (and that beautiful)

Britax B-Ready, currently in doubles mode. This is the stroller I've used every single day since DD was born. It is looking a little worn. It has a tear where it got caught in my Mom's trunk and the fabric is a little faded--NOT from being left out but seriously just from BEING outside every day.

For the past nearly 3 years I ONLY used the B-Ready.

What's missing in my lineup is a really easy to use (but still moderately full featured) single stroller. My Mom would like to take DD to the zoo but she wants a stroller that is super easy to fold and carry. I'm thinking like the City Mini. But I don't have one of those.

Also, the stroller I use for my daily walk is not totally my favorite. I love my MB but the beat up outside bothers me as does the crumbly sun shade. I want to think that if I buy an City Mini GT it could work for my mom (or for small errands) OR it could work for my daily walks. I'm not sure I'd like it though!

I also still need a double, but only for occasional use/amusement parks etc. Though honestly DS3 hops into the b-ready at pickup every day...

What strollers should I keep? What new ones do I need (if any)?

TIA

I do not have a lot of experience to allow for comparisons, but I really love our city mini gt!! I got it based on recommendations here and wish I had gotten it much sooner. The only thing I wish I could change is the small basket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Single Bob. Your other kid can hitch a ride. Great push. Just teach your mom how to open/close it. (Get rid of the other strollers).
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My brother bought a bob and s regular BJCM. They are using the BJCM primarily. The bob is just annoying to put in and out of the car. I would probably use the double you like for neighborhood walks even if you only have one kid and get a BJCM. I would get rid of the britax and the other single.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would sell all three and get a single Bob. Your older child can hitch a ride in the foot well when needed. And maybe an umbrella stroller (we love our Mac quest) or av a valco snap (similar to a city mini but I think a little bigger seat and lighter weight. You could always being both to the amusement park.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Interesting! I think I came up with the same two strollers as front runners--the BOB and BJCM. I was wondering if the getting the GT makes it almost like the good parts of each one of those!

I'm undecided. As a lifelong MB lover, I would almost feel unfaithful going with a BOB. And although it would be new, I don't know that I'd get MUCH more out of it than I would out of my MBUS. Better canopy for sure though!

Maybe I keep the MBUS and get a BJCM for errands and day to day stuff and for my mom.

The only thing I'm starting to wonder about is how it would work on my drop off situation. The school that DS3 is at has a terrible drop off parking situation but since he's in TK I have to walk him in. The surrounding area has uneven ground, silty sandy in one spot, and all kinds of weird curbs. I'm wondering if the BJCM would even work on that terrain? The MBUS would handle it deftly, but I hate having it in the back of my van. Is the BOB better as far as folding and in trunks? I wonder if I can borrow a BJCM from a friend for a few days and see if it would work for me. I really like the idea of one stroller.

Thanks for your thoughts. Still not sure what to do!

You need a Bob or MB to go over uneven terrain. BJCM is just for sidewalks, pavements, smooth surfaces. And your older kid can sit in the footwell if necessary. I also have a B-agile, which is the same as a BJCM, and I never use it. I only use it if I'm on a trip and know I won't have space in the rental car for our suitcases and a Bob. I prefer to travel with the Bob though. Yes, the fold is a little more complicated, but unless you are folding it and carrying the stroller places, I don't see how it would make much of a difference,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You would be fine with the GT on fields. I use my valco snap duo on uneven terrain with my 2 and 5 year old. I think you would be fine with the regular BJCM but with the gt, you definitely will be.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains mobile app

I've been using my B-ready for daily walks over curbs up hills and across soccer fields for a couple of years. It has been just fine, truly. Not AS awesome as my MB but good enough. This new school I drop off at is TOUGH! It was the silty, dirt/sand stuff outside that really tripped up even my big 12 inch b-ready wheels for the first time ever. Yes, it is the toughest terrain we've encountered yet. I'm going to try it with the MB this week and with the CM. I don't have any friends with GTs so I can't try that one. I think this particular year is going to be about really rugged terrain AND lots of in and outs of the car. I'll let you guys know what seems like it will work best.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

I've been using my B-ready for daily walks over curbs up hills and across soccer fields for a couple of years. It has been just fine, truly. Not AS awesome as my MB but good enough. This new school I drop off at is TOUGH! It was the silty, dirt/sand stuff outside that really tripped up even my big 12 inch b-ready wheels for the first time ever. Yes, it is the toughest terrain we've encountered yet. I'm going to try it with the MB this week and with the CM. I don't have any friends with GTs so I can't try that one. I think this particular year is going to be about really rugged terrain AND lots of in and outs of the car. I'll let you guys know what seems like it will work best.

Thanks for all your thoughts!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast