Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

we still have our b-ready, even though it doesn't get a ton of use, it's so handy for travel long weekends, etc. when both kids need a seat. I will probably keep it until DD turns 5 or so. As a wildcard, we love and mostly use our Indie + Boogie board these days: https://www.bumbleride.com/mini-board-toddler-board. We have a 3rd, a nice but lightweight easy to fold umbrella stroller, which we never use.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Do you drive or walk to school?

How often is your mom taking your DD to the zoo? If it's 1/month or less, I would just get a single bob. It's not that hard to fold up and get in the car. Especially if it's only once in a while. It's also fine for Disneyland. DS3 can ride in the footwell when he gets tired.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes... I agree. The advantage to the Bob is totally that foot well for the second child!

Eta: I may be biased, because I would love to have a single Bob, for many of the same reasons. We have a Bob with a fixed front wheel that dh uses to run with and he doesn't want the smaller wheel. So.... That really limits of use if that stroller to running. I use a city versa, now with a bassinet. and later the seat, which is fine for paved surfaces. I looked at buying the gt wheels, but it's already so heavy, and I wasn't sure it would be that much of an improvement. I still love my Mac quest for all short errands.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm like you, my favorite strollers have been my MBUS and MBUD. They plow over everything! I have even had a full grown man on one side of the MBUD and the push was amazing. I also had a BOB single and loved it for the extra seat in the foot well! The fold was different than the MBs. It's more square and taller. What I missed was the standing fold. I loved that for storage. It had to sit on the floor, square shape, in my way. But, if it will always be stored in your vehicle, it will be fine. You may want to get a stroller which will suit your needs on a daily basis and pick up an easy fold CM or CMGT for your Mom off of craig's list to keep at her house.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This thread has helped me figure out what I want. But I don't think it exists.

I want an amazing push and giant air tires AND I want it to be easy to get in and out of the cars.

I think what will happen is that one of these two considerations will win out and I'm not sure which one I'll like better. I'll report back.

I want an amazing push and giant air tires AND I want it to be easy to get in and out of the cars.

I think what will happen is that one of these two considerations will win out and I'm not sure which one I'll like better. I'll report back.

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was wondering if you have narrowed down your choices? We both have been on the boards a long time and have similar tastes in strollers, so I'm curious to see what you decide!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

Valco Snap4 with added air tires. My one and only and fits all your recs for a single and can add a wheeled rider when needed.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

I thought I'd update. I'm going to stick with a big all-terrain. I am using my MBUS right now and I'm just so in love. I haven't minded that it is big and hard to get out of the car at all. In fact, I love pushing it so much that I almost look forward to taking DD out of the car seat and pushing her in it, lol. That never happened while using the B-Ready. It was 100% necessary for me and used daily for 2.5 years but it wasn't love, it was tolerance!

So it isn't completely perfect though. I definitely doesn't fit my mom's criteria of being able to fold easily if she wanted to go to the zoo. But I really have no idea how often that will even be a consideration! I'm going to prioritize my every day convenience.

I have 3 small issues with using the MBUS.

1. sunshade. We walk at 8:00 a.m. so the morning sun is very strong in one direction. My older MBUS has a very insufficient sun shade.
    2. Lack of ability to take a second rider. I actually had an errand where I had both kids and they had no shoes! I put my newly 5yo on the sunshade and rolled him around. It was....not ideal though frankly he loved it.
    3. It isn't "perfect" looking.

I think an aftermarket shade (while annoying) can fix the problem with the sunshade. Or I can get sunglasses for DD. She might like that.

For the second rider, I don't really have a fix. I find that he's using the stroller less and less. Maybe I'll hang onto the B-Ready for another year or so. It can be my Disneyland/Zoo/Library stroller. I'll just make sure I have extra shoes in the car, lol.

I think for the price (FREE) of keeping the MBUS I can live with somewhat imperfect looks. I don't really prefer the new MBs or the BOB for that matter and I'd spend a lot more for them. The Bumbleride Indie's have some amazingly beautiful strollers but all the ones I like are OOS AND I'm not sure the push and fold can compare with my beloved MBs. Another option is to troll craigslist for a nice, older, USED MB. I got both my MBUD and my MBUS from craigslist but the double was in much better condition. I can turn around and sell my MBUS to make up the price.

Anyway, thought I'd update.

I found out that I'm 100% a push snob kind of girl and that the extra seconds to fold the stroller (and heft it!) are worth it to me for its superior performance!

OK. I just checked the MB website and you can buy new seat fabric and a new shade for the older models. I just ordered the new shade. It is going to look much better and I THINK it will also be more functional! I ordered the shade in Ocean, this gorgeous turquoise blue. I am going to save up and try to afford the new seat fabric in black. For $120 (both shade and seat fabric) I'll have a new looking (more functional) stroller and the same exact push that I love.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast