This is all great advice - some thoughts: I did oral abx as a teen. They did work somewhat, but looking back, that explains a LOT of loose stools, IBS symptoms, and heartburn (from taking them immediately before bed w/ not enough water). So, I was miserable a lot, but didn't know why. and either I didn't share w/ my mom, or she just gave me Immodium or something - my fault for not seeking out more help, but that was my personality and I didn't know better.

I also took Accutane when I was in my early 20's. My family dermatologist wouldn't give it to me, and almost ridiculed me for asking. Then I went to see a woman dermatologist with an entire sheet of paper filled with everything I had tried. She agreed it was time and it was the best thing EVER. I've only had a handful of zits since then in the past 15 years, and that's being lax on washing my face every night. Only now at 38 am I starting to see more pop up, and I guess it's hormonal old age stuff. I don't know what the supposed long term effects are, but as far as I can tell, I don't have any.