Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I am so very sorry for the loss of your dad. You will be in my prayers.

I have been bugging my parents to do this. They finally made a will this year. I am 37.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

omg, hillary. i just saw this. i'm so very sorry - I know your parents were very involved and a big part of your life...might be remembering wrong or a different poster, but I thought they lived with you or right near you. i can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. sending you hugs and peace.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. My mom passed quickly. However she and dad had much of the plans in place. Even with many things decided it was an ordeal for our family to work with the various organizations, getting death certs, even copies of her birth cert and marriage license (really, get copies of those now and put in a box - luckily mom was a California girl so most things are somewhat local), picking out verses (she'd picked songs), ordering food, etc.

I do caution to really think about getting the all-in-one burial plans. My folks had done that years ago (thank you) and were still on a payment plan which came suddenly due for her and we ended up not using them for much of what they had bought (mostly having to do with the burial plot but there were other items in the "California" plan that weren't necessary/needed). Overall a relief to be able to call them up, give a policy number and they came quickly and respectfully (suits on) to do their piece of the plan. Hospice was there almost immediately to help me dress her before they arrived, but they weren't far behind.

Gah, I can't do this now, but I agree with your overall sentiment.

I'm really sorry for your loss. It never goes away.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm so sorry for your loss hillview. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lmh2402 View Post
    omg, hillary. i just saw this. i'm so very sorry - I know your parents were very involved and a big part of your life...might be remembering wrong or a different poster, but I thought they lived with you or right near you. i can't imagine how hard this must be for you and your family. sending you hugs and peace.
    good memory
    thank you all for your kind words I am grieving
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jent is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

So sorry for your loss, Hillary. Sending hugs and positive thoughts.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So sorry for your loss - your family will be in my thoughts.

sunnyside is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm just seeing this Hillview. I'm so so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this is for you, and just want to send my love and thoughts.
    Mama to two sweet girls - Summer 2010 and Spring 2015

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no Hillview I'm just seeing this now as well. How horrible and I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and sending lots of positive vibes your way. (((HUGS)))

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I missed your post all these days. I am so very sorry for your sudden loss. Sending you good thoughts and wishes for strength.

Thanks for the PSA - that is good advice. Hugs.

for Sandy Hook

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast