Default Gift Ideas for 3 year olds?

DS will be 2 years 10 months at Christmas, so between that, his birthday, and upcoming third birthdays of a lot of his friends (mostly boys, a couple of girls) I am in need of ideas! For friend gifts I try to stay at $20 or less, but I also need a couple of bigger ideas for grandparent gifts.

Edit: Forgot to add that he loves Duplos, but has a ton and I got those for most of his friends second birthdays.
    Last edited by gymnbomb; 09-13-2016 at 12:28 PM.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Ds2 turned 3 in August and he loves pretty much everything. He loves play food and his play kitchen. Those Thomas minis are a big hit. For his birthday, I got him some imaginexts sets, which he loves. He also likes games, puzzles, duplos, and magnatiles
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

DS currently loves his play grill and play burgers and pizza. He is super into all types of vehicles. He's been playing with his train set more lately, and likes puzzles and duplos. I haven't tried games yet. Not sure if I can get him to stay still long enough, but it is worth a try. What kind of games are good for this age?
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

At that age my kids loved dress up clothes, balls of all kinds, Duplo, art supplies, toy dinosaur figures, plasma cars, balance bike, puzzles.

If you need a big wow gift and have a basement space or good outdoor weather the Little Tykes bounce houses are pretty awesome for that age group.

Both of mine still love the Batbot if it's still out. It might be fun to get some imaginext sets or action figures. Playmobil has some great cars with sirens that are still well loved here.

Bruder trucks, magnatiles, Imaginext, Duplo, maxi-micro type scooter