Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Where to buy tween girl clothing that is "cool" but not hoochie mama?

10.5 yr old DD is rejecting the mini Boden/Tea Collection/Hanna clothing I have been buying for years. Understandably so, even though I have only been buying her the more age-appropriate items from those brands in recent years. Where do you all shop for your tween girls? In particular, for pants and bottoms. She is slim but not skinny (has a butt!), so hates super skinny fitted clothing even though that is the look all the girls around her have. She likes the "slim sweats" kind of look - pull-on pants that are straight rather than baggy.

Thanks for any suggestions!

for Sandy Hook

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Old Navy, American Eagle, Gap, Aeropostale...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Where to buy tween girl clothing that is "cool" but not hoochie mama?

I was just going to post a question about where everyone buys their tween's clothing. DD is the same age, and I took her shopping over the weekend as she had outgrown all of her pants and long sleeves. She hates anything girly: no sparkles, rainbows, lace, glitter, hearts, pink, etc. to make matters worse, she's very broad across her chest and shoulders from being a competitive swimmer (and from starting to develop boobs.). She wears a 12 pants and a 14 top. We had good luck at Old Navy (they had those slim sweat pants...DD picked a pair of grey ones.) she didn't like old navy jeans though. She likes jeggings from Gap (they have an elastic waistband) plus Target has some jeggings she liked as well, Cat and Jack brand. Old Navy and Target had the best styles for her taste.

These are the slim joggers she liked from Old Navy. DD said they were very soft and comfy.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=340033002

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I was just going to post a question about where everyone buys their tween's clothing. DD is the same age, and I took her shopping over the weekend as she had outgrown all of her pants and long sleeves. She hates anything girly: no sparkles, rainbows, lace, glitter, hearts, pink, etc. to make matters worse, she's very broad across her chest and shoulders from being a competitive swimmer (and from starting to develop boobs.). She wears a 12 pants and a 14 top. We had good luck at Old Navy (they had those slim sweat pants...DD picked a pair of grey ones.) she didn't like old navy jeans though. She likes jeggings from Gap (they have an elastic waistband) plus Target has some jeggings she liked as well, Cat and Jack brand. Old Navy and Target had the best styles for her taste.

These are the slim joggers she liked from Old Navy. DD said they were very soft and comfy.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...&pid=340033002

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you! This is exactly what we need. Did your DD get the size 10-12? My DD is about 57 inches tall, 70 lbs.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    Thank you! This is exactly what we need. Did your DD get the size 10-12? My DD is about 57 inches tall, 70 lbs.
    Yes, I got her the 10-12. She's a hair taller than your DD and 15 lbs more. She was too lazy to try on the 14s. I will probably buy them for her to wear once she outgrows the 10-12s.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Aeropostale and Abercrombie Kids have been our go to stores lately.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Old Navy, Aero, Abercrombie Kids, Nordstrom.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My 13yo DD likes Aero, H&M, and Old Navy as well. She dresses modestly.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Justice, it gets a bad rap, there are lots of cute, non blingy things there and we were happy with how everything washed up. There's a thread about Justice here.

At her size, Aero may be too big, my DD is 13 and wears small or xsmall there, and she's 5'2 and 100 lbs. Old Navy girls dept has cute stuff. Gap, but their stuff is expensive unless on sale.

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wish this was our issue. DD1 hates anything that isn't soccer shorts and tees. She might wear an Old Navy super skinny denim (when it it is sub-40*) with a tee and hoodie but that's about as fashion-forward as she gets. I look forward to using this list at some point. My girls are so different.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast