lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default my little one wants to be big

DD is so desperate to be "big"

she's not at all like her brother, who to my usual irritation but now sort of enjoyment, still "needs" me for everything.

DD ran into school today after explicitly telling me to stay away from the line - she wanted to go line up and go in by herself. she said, "don't come say goodbye, you can say goodbye here and I'll just see you later."

this isn't a b*tch, it's just more a sob.

time move too fast.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If it makes you feel better, my ds2 is my most snuggly, needy child and in 1st and 2nd grade he would tell me to drop him off for school in the morning but not go in with him because he was afraid he would cry. Now he gets out of the car in the morning and tells me he loves me but runs right off. It's a happy and bittersweet time too.

I remember with my own mom how I went through phases of feeling close to her and others feeling like I needed more space. It breaks my heart to remember how sad those phases made her. But I always came back around and we would be close again. Your daughter will come back to that more dependent phase too.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I TOTALLY get it. dd2 is in 1st and wants to walk to/from school by her self and has since day 1 in Kindy. compared to my friends, I'm pretty laid back letting dd1 go back and forth alone starting towards the end of 3rd grade and I did let the 2 girls walk to school alone (together) once this year but letting my 6yo go alone would probably earn me a visit from dcs!

I still laugh b/c so many people told me that attached parenting would mean my kids would never be able to be apart from me.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

awwww. It's the same at our house. DD (3) and I have been having conversations about when she can be a mommy. I told her not too soon, please!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Totally relate. DC is the same. "I am going to call you mom now instead of mommy when I'm around friends. I don't want to look like a baby."